New Maserati Alfieri | Page 10 | FerrariChat

New Maserati Alfieri

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by cosmicdingo, Mar 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, sounds good again for both!

2. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    So does this mean we in the US get the alfieri in 2019?

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    kind of sounds like it to me, but who knows. also sounds like the new GranTurismo might be available later this year, but that sounds early since they just got the SUV out.

4. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Ditto :)

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I just heard inside information that it is coming, but still sounds pretty high level haven't even decided drivetrain. Maybe EV or at least hybrid?

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I wonder if this will share a floorpan with rumored Alfa Romeo Jaguar F-type size car Macgeek was talking about a few months ago. I think we have some great halo car surprises coming from both Maserati and Alfa. I hope Maserati also uses the 4C chassis for a Maserati version with a bigger motor.

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm going to guess hybrid since they're already overdue with this car and they said they plan to "electrify" their lineup starting in 2019. What could be better than a beautiful new model to introduce the new powertrain?

8. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I wish Lancia would get some love and use the 4C chassis to make a new Stratos...

Nembo1777, NEP and F1tommy like this.
  9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Long term plans announced next year.

27 luglio 2017

Non voglio commentare su possibili disaggregazioni. Aspettate il Piano industriale per i prossimi 5 anni al 2022 che sarà reso noto nell'Investor Day entro la prima metà del 2018.

Non sono preoccupato pensando al problema del mio successore. Ho fiducia che verrà trovata la persona giusta quando lascerò nel 2019. Ci stiamo lavorando da trimestri, anni. Nel frattempo abbiamo formato persone adeguate, volenterose e capaci. Se guardo alla nostra squadra la vedo molto stabile, non abbiamo perso gente.

Il riassetto del Gruppo non è finito. Bisogna vedere se tutte le attività sono adeguate per un vero costruttore e se il portafoglio del Gruppo è adeguato.

Riguardo al diesel la Commissione Europea deve correggere tutto quello che può e andare avanti, altrimenti non ne usciamo più.

Dal 2019 Maserati offrirà modelli elettrici.

Sergio Marchionne

Translation:-

July 27, 2017

I do not want to comment on possible disaggregations. Expect the Industrial Plan for the next 5 years by 2022 that will be announced in the Investor Day by the first half of 2018.

I'm not worried thinking about the problem of my successor. I'm confident that the right person will be found when I leave in 2019. We've been working for quarters, years. Meanwhile we have formed adequate, willing and capable people. If I look at our team I see it very stable, we have not lost people.

The reorganization of the Group is not over. It is necessary to see if all the activities are appropriate for a true constructor and whether the Group's portfolio is adequate.

Regarding diesel, the European Commission must correct everything it can and go on, otherwise we will not leave it anymore.

Since 2019 Maserati will offer electric models.

10. Symoon

Symoon Karting

Jul 2, 2010
    under an umbrella
    while surfing on an european forum, i came across this board.

It seems that the alfieri will be launched in 2018.

Has anyone seen or heard about this before ?

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think this information is old. I've been told the Alfieri is dead.

12. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    May I ask, from what source(s)?

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  14. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
  15. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Maserati needs both a new Gran Turismo/Cabrio and the Alfieri.

16. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Define need for Maserati from a financial perspective.

The Granturismo is a top luxury coupe for them so I get that though they haven't sold a lot of them lately.

But the Alfieri is an ill defined thing as yet. If people want a smaller lighter sports car from Maserati I think you have to ask who is going to buy how many of those and can they manufacture it in a way that it can legitimately compete with a 911 or even surpass it?
    I have my doubts about it being the equal of a 911. So would it just be another almost world car and in that case not sell well enough like Alfa 4C did not to make it successful? They're after volume as a manufacturer now and not niche status. The new Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio already serves that function in a way.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I thought so too, but just got inside information it is on the way, but nothing definition on spec or when.

18. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Everyone claims to have inside information ... This reminds me of the voracity of some of our national debates.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't have any inside information. But the number of times this project has been delayed makes me believe its dead or close to dead.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

I agree. But its a question of resources I think. For sure they need a new GT, hopefully one with a lot more power but just as pretty.

21. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The original announcement and design made quite a splash for people wanting something beautiful and interesting. But is that what they as a car company really need right now? Their entire product line save the Levante needs updating. I have heard Maserati is supposed to be the product line that gets the hybrid/electric experimentation first but that too is a rumor. It's not what I would want but I'm an old Maserati fan. The company is clearly headed in a direction that doesn't pique my interest. However, Maserati has never been at the cutting edge of technology with their street cars except perhaps for the MC12 and that was a needed halo car at the time that got them returned to serious racing. They've always been to some degree a bit behind the curve technology wise. That was OK too for some of their products over the years. But now, they're competing with Mercedes, Audi, BMW and Jaguar. An awful lot of corporate resources, well beyond Maserati's, would have to be thrown at this effort and disseminated amongst all of the FCA car lines if they want to step up to the plate with the rest of those marques. They apparently still cooperate with Ferrari ...

22. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Maserati will have sold approx. 40,000 Gran Turismo by the end of its production run. A remarkable figure by Maserati standards. But, the Gran Turismo is a large luxury coupe and has probably only to a limited extent lured buyers away from 911, F-type, AM Vantage etc.

I think there is a market for a smaller, nimbler, sportier Maserati. Not a hardcore small sports car à la AR 4C, but a competent sporty GT. A car that would also suit GT4 racing better than the current Gran Turismo (which has however done rather well in that class over the years).

How large could that market be? I do not know. But, probably large enough to make it financially viable, and it would likely not steal away too many sales from the luxury GT that will replace the Gran Turismo at some point.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Maserati dealer employee who just got back from meetings in Italy with Maserati.

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The GranSport was perfect competition for the 911. Competitive advantage little more power, little more back seat room, and there isn't one on every street corner. The GranTurismo stopped competing directly with the 911, maybe the Panamera? :D

CETH likes this.
  25. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Maybe in Europe they'd sell some. Over here it would have to be a 911 beater in terms of looks, price, performance and especially maintenance cost. I just don't see that happening in large numbers and I'm a fan. Lotus numbers are more likely here.