New Maserati Alfieri | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Maserati Alfieri

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by cosmicdingo, Mar 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    IMO this design study uses the current GT chassis but the real deal (GT replacement) will be using the Quattropuorte/Ghibli chassis with 8speed auto and turbo engines. This study I believe hints at the overall shape and proportions of the next Granturismo. Of course concept car details such as the interior, lights, wheels will probably not carry over...

2. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I have had 2 of the newer QP's for the last 10 years and really loved them. I was trying to love the new Ghibli, but the romance has not stuck yet...Good things sometimes take time though, but this car seems very cool..I really like it..
    The interior has that minimal "Tesla Thing" going don't you think? Miss the gauges..

3. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Beautiful pictures... in person it must be stunning.

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Haven't Maser said they want to build a sports car to slot below the GT? Both smaller and (I thought) cheaper?

This concept is pointed towards that car I would venture.

Fwiw, I will be very interested in one. I love my GranSport and don't love the GT because it frankly got bloated and huge. I want them to make something smaller...and I'd be perfectly happy with the turbo v6 and 450 HP and a base price of $110,00 and typically equipped price of $135,000...but I expect to be disappointed...

It would be a competitor to the new jag, whose v8 version are in the $95-$110k range as equipped and perhaps 991S which seem to be $130k these days...

5. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Looks hot

6. ADCraig

ADCraig Karting

Nov 22, 2010
    West Vancouver, BC
    I'm liking it!

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #35 TheMayor, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Having owned 3 vintage maser get cars in the past, I am still of the belief that the trident is a majestic logo. It looks so elegant on the c pillar of the alferi

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I wonder if those headlights are legal. They seem really low.

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    show vehicle= usually nowhere near legal
    showbiz

11. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Great pics. Price point?

12. Seeing how it's an "F-type rival" I am hopeful that the V6 base model will start around 70k. My gut feeling is that by "F-type rival" they mean fully optioned V8 F-type rival in pricing, with the V6 starting well over 100k.

13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    The Star of the Show????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Xs4T-RAy4&feature=em-uploademail]Maserati Alfieri concept at Geneva 2014 | evo MOTOR SHOWS - YouTube[/ame]

14. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Pay attention folks, qualified opinion.

15. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Its actually really good isn't it?

16. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    As I've said repeatedly, I like it!

It's a show car and an unknown entity so far. Price, platform, weight and power are all in the ether at this point. The gentleman I referenced designed cars for a living. Production cars can have things necessarily altered to meet production realities so let's see what it ends up looking like. The front end is is a bit much for my tastes. That hardly matters though.

At least it's not ugly out of the box like an FF and hopefully won't be as bloated as a California. It's a styling homerun compared to those two cars as was the Gran Tourismo. But then I'm biased as I'd like to see lightweight Maserati's again and that's not what they've been doing since 1999. They won't build a Ferrari challenger either so no Lexus LFA or Nissan GTR levels of performance should be expected here but I'm sure it will be plenty quick enough. I also think there are greater sales levels and more money to be made with the necessarily heavier GT cars. Follow the money ...

17. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    At last Maserati has a design equal to that of the last front-engined Ferraris. However, I am not so in love with the little ports on the side anymore, since car parts stores started selling glue on ones for a couple bucks. I haven't seen the night lighting yet but I hope they don't depend too much on LEDs for effect because that's another thing auto parts stores are selling--LED strips as decor for your Kia or whatnot.
    The car reminds me of the new Jaguar F-type but has more presence. I like the few grille teeth for a meaner look. Now if it does go into production will it be 1/3rd or 1/2 the price of a front engined V12 Ferrari? Now of course I'd like to see a convertible version even if it is a two seater.

18. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

I design cars for a living too :)

19. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    OK and ...

20. galrot

galrot Rookie

Aug 2, 2012
    Oslo, Norway
    Some information/speculation:

Production Maserati Alfieri to get V6 engine | Autocar

21. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well I didn't mean so what. It was in reference to his knowledge about automotive manufacturer show cars. I thought people might want to have his qualifications considered that's all.. So that's what you do as well?