New Maserati Alfieri | Page 5 | FerrariChat

New Maserati Alfieri

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by cosmicdingo, Mar 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Saw the video teaser.

Want.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #102 TheMayor, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think some dealers are already taking deposits for them. This car goes straight up against the Jag F type. I expect the price to be starting at $100-125 to have any chance to take away any of their business. I'm sure it's on a shortened Granturismo chassis and the motor from the Ghibli so it should be possible.

IMO, awesome even if it only has 400 hp. My guess is the car could have a lot more power but Ferrari wants to protect the California and Maserati's new Granturismo coming out the following year.

Will it come in a convertible version? I sure hope so. Looks like what's up next is the long over due SUV.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I heard the Alifieri will use the Levante platform, all-wheel-drive would be possible for the high-performance versions (a rumor of the 100 year celebrity party two weeks ago). Regarding power figures; Maserati will turn on the "power-screw" soon, they will launch Ghibli (and QP) special editions with increased power. Therefore an Alfieri with clearly more than 500 hp (and with awd) can be expected.

The Granturismo successor will be a hard top convertible with a brand new rear-wheel-drive platform.

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't think Ferrari will let the Alfieri get anywhere close to California HP numbers.

5. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    You're probably right.... I hope however that Maserati launches a racing version (GT4/GT3) of the Alfieri as soon as possible. Looks like a car that could race with F-types, 911s, Z4s, R8s, Vantages etc.etc...

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #106 TheMayor, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    My understanding is (and I could be wrong) that the Alfieri will come with a Turbo V6 like the Ghibli and the new Granturismo will come with the V8 from the QP. Or, maybe both like the F type has with a 20 grand increase in price.

I'm sure they are looking at F type buyers so the pricing can't been too much more. It's a Maserati, not a Ferrari. There's only so much more premium you can ask.

You have to be impressed with Maserati's current strategy. The Ghibli is for entry level, the QP for luxury, the Levante as a luxury sports SUV, the Alfieri a daily driver sports car, and the Granturismo as a sport GT.

7. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    I thought Ferrari was being spun off?

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ferrari and Maserati are married. Ferrari designs and builds all Maser motors.

9. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I heard something around 520hp with its 3.0 V6 turbo engine and all-wheel-drive. I guess the wonderful new California T with its powerful 3.8 V8 turbo engine and its optimized GT layout will have still enough differentiation to such a sharp Alfieri version. Here I see a higher problem in differentiation with the future Granturismo hard top convertible and its 3.8 V8 turbo engine. But this car will be very large, more like the BMW 6 series.

However, at the end, the borders between Maserati and Ferrari will overlap more and more.

10. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I think the Alfieri will be a great success if:

- The styling is kept close to the concept car
    - Relatively compact, low weight, high performance
    - Competitive price versus 911, F-type, etc.

Would be fantastic if:

- A racing version is developed as soon as possible

:)

11. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I don't think this is very relevant given the (likely) price differential. The Alfieri is unlikely to compete with any current F-car model.

12. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Not correct.

13. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    My understanding is that Maserati designs its own engines, even if Maserati shares a common engine "architecture" with Ferrari, most obviously with the F136 V8 engine family that in fact was introduced in a Maserati; the 4200....

Maserati engines are unique to Maserati (bar the AR 8C) even if produced in Maranello.

In business terms Ferrari is simply a supplier to Maserati, which of course makes perfect sense from a corporate strategy point of view.

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I guess you are right.

"Men whose legacy is so immense that it has made the whole region a symbol of excellence in engine design. It was on this boundless know-how that the engineer Paolo Martinelli - Modena born and bred, with a splendid F1 past behind him, head of Maserati's Powertrain Department since 2011 - drew unstintingly to develop the new-generation Twin Turbo V8 installed on the Quattroporte. An engine with a strong identity, entirely developed and designed by Maserati in Modena and built at the Ferrari plant at Maranello."

Visit Maserati's homepage: Maserati | Life | Hi-Tech | Twin Turbo V8 Engine

15. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Yes.

16. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Yeah. It's no. land Yatch. Not even close. It's tight and right.

17. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Absolutely!

18. scuderia92

scuderia92 Formula Junior

May 23, 2013
    Maybe yes, but Italian Jaguar for sure. Just look at some details.

Does anybody has information about this car. When will we see the final version? 2016 or 2017, information on the web sounds a bit contradicting.

19. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Alfieri then new GT... What is that gonna do to prices of current GT models? If the Alfieri is as good as promised, priced new below a used GT, i expect the GT price to tank. No?

20. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    In 2016 Maserati will launch the Levante, the Alfieri is planned for 2017.

The Alfieri isn't the successor of the Granturismo, it's an additional model to the existing product mix; smaller, faster, more sporty than the GT.

The Granturismo will be replaced in 2018 by a model with Hardtop. That means Maserati will combine the Granturismo and the Grancabrio in one model.

In the meanwhile Maserati will gently improve the actual models Ghibli and Quattroporte and will launch very sporty top models.

For FCA the relaunch of Alfa Romeo is having top priority for the next few years. For this relaunch Maserati is a very important sponsor for technology components (engines, chassis etc.).

21. scuderia92

May 23, 2013
    #121 scuderia92, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    2017 for Alfieri? Thats dissapointing. For me it is one of the most anticipated cars. Also the current GranTurismo is really outdated in terms of technology, waiting until 2018 seems like a strange decision to me. Will it get an update in between?

For the FCA strategy; I'm glad to see Maserati and Alfa Romeo revived. However, I'm a bit afraid that the introduced cars of the brands will also be competitive to each other.

22. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Be careful with statements like "really outdated", one year ago I bought a new GranTurismo Sport as my daily driver and I'm extremely happy. ;)

No no, you are right, in terms of technology like security assistance systems, multimedia/navigation systems etc. the Granturismo is - restrained formulated - a little bit outdated. But in terms of beauty, style and driving experience this car still sets the benchmark in the GT-market segment, of course this is my personal opinion.

To your question: no, I guess the Granturismo will not get additional fundamental revisions, too few sales numbers.

I don't see a bigger problem between Alfa Romeo and Maserati products, even when they overlap in technology and performance figures. Both brands are proper positioned in their market segment and complement each other synergistically.

23. scuderia92

May 23, 2013
    Congratulations. In which color? And youre totally right, outdated just technically. In terms of design I would prefer the GT Sport to the new California T and probably also Aston:).

24. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #124 redcaruser, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Black black black. ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. scuderia92