New Maserati Alfieri | Page 6 | FerrariChat

New Maserati Alfieri

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by cosmicdingo, Mar 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    thx!
    Drove approx. 40k kilometers in one year - simply perfect. Had never an issue, just fun!

2. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Today I've got the following information from my dealer: Maserati isn't longer convinced to produce the Alfieri (!!!) and the Granturismo will be only available until end of this year. The reason should be the increased focus on Alfa Romeo.

In the worst case we have to live with the fact that for a longer time we will not be able to buy a GT-car from Maserati.

Has anyone heard something similar?

Of course these are only rumors. However, I decided to send a corresponding email to Harald Wester... ;)

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well I must say that I don't see the need for the Alfieri from Maserati's viewpoint given what they are producing. I'm not sure that even a new Granturismo makes any sense. There is Ferrari for the high end GT and sports models then there is Alfa Romeo for lower end sports car and it's not exactly low end in price either.

So maybe you heard right?

This not your grandfather's or even father's Maserati anymore ...

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    Why, what do you mean? There's plenty of room for two or three models between a $200k Ferrari and a $60k Alfa Romeo

5. scuderia92

scuderia92 Formula Junior

May 23, 2013
    Huh?! That would be bad news. Let's hope these are just false rumors. You have the email of Wester? Good job! ;)

Well I think it will be bad for the company on the long-run, damaging their "sporty" and exclusive image.

6. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated!

See you in 2017

Maserati Alfieri.

7. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Let’s hope so, by goodness!

I'm waiting for you... ;)

8. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I will be very surprised - and disappointed - if the Alfieri is shelved. I fully understand the need to produce larger volumes models too, but the Alfieri seems to capture the essence of Maserati in ways that few, if any, recent models have done.

9. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Yes, I have.
    And if Maserati will stop the Alfieri-project I will publish his mail address in this forum... ;)

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    They announced massive volume growth goals for maserati....iirc 50,000 units per year? Tough to get there with only 2 sedans and 1 SUV. I think they have talked about the GT refresh in good detail, so that sounds near certainty. All that said, I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't slot a alfieri below the GT...it's likely not a high volume demand model and they don't need if for a so-called halo...and we aren't seeing or hearing anything about it since that show...

11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    While you and I may think so and want such models perhaps Maserati has it's hands full already? I'm just saying that it would not surprise me. The Alfa C4 was being assembled in Maserati plant in Modena last I heard?

12. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Perhaps they'll rename it the Mark Twain!

13. scuderia92

May 23, 2013
    Haha, he better be warned :)

Explain why they don't need a halo car? I think they do! Brand image will erode over time if they don't...

14. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    So, if they are not going to build the Alfieri, can I then have the prototype pretty please? It's the best thing they have cranked out since the production of the Khamsin stopped.

Best,

Jack.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

I didn't mean to imply they shouldn't have a halo car, just that I didn't see this model as that car (I can understand how some would view it is as such). I'm used to the halo car being the (or among the) highest priced model (not always, but often).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. scuderia92

May 23, 2013
    Ah, ok, makes sense :). But I think a bit different, Alfieri and new GT being (toward) halo. And maybe they make an LaFerrari alternative, which would make it the ultimate halo.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    any updates on the Alfieri?

18. mamamia

mamamia Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    England
    Full Name:
    Henry Jameson
    Hi,

Omniauto.it have published a few photos of their interpretation of a proposed Alfieri Cabrio at Maserati Alfieri Cabrio | Rendering | Foto - OmniAuto.it

No sure if one is allowed to reproduce them on these pages.

Tried but didn't succeed in sending them to you via a PM.

Regards,

Henry.

19. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Late 2017 production.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    thanks!

21. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I have to interject as i read this. I disagree. The GT is not replaceable by any Alfa or other Maser offerings. I am not even happy to see it go, shall the Alfieri be the replacement. Who wants a v6 to replace a v8 aspirated? I know I am old school and like V12s.
    Seems to me someone at Maserati is being bipolar if they gonna left the GT with no replacement and no Alfieri. That would be an awful marketing strategy. it cant be

22. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    There is a new GranTurismo coming as well as the Alfieri. But probably only one will be sold as a convertible. (Alfieri).

23. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    ... and the GranTurismos will still have V8s....
    Not that I mind V6s at all. Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lancia and Maserati have all produced great V6 engines.

24. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I think the Alfieri will be a great - and much needed - addition to the current line-up, and going for a 6 instead of an 8 makes a lot of sense from most perspectives apart from prestige and, perhaps, sound. But, those two factors are very subjective anyway.

25. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I believe the CEO of Maserati said the Gran Cabrio or whatever it's called won't be produced anymore because of a lack of demand. He said it's popular in North America but that's about it.