New MASERATI Coupe in `07 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New MASERATI Coupe in `07

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wbaeumer, Aug 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Hi Avantgarde,
    from which magazine are this pages with the new Maser? Can you send them one more time off-line ([email protected])?

Many thanks.

Ciao!
    Walter

2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    OK, got those photos.

I forwarded this pictures to my source at Maserati S.p.A.! He started laughing when he saw those pics......and, NO, thew new car will be much better than that we see on this pages. It shows an amalgam of parts coming from other cars composed on the computer. The front-grill will be rounded concave like with the famous Pininfarina-Coupes of the 50ies. This we don`t see this feature with this computer-pics. Sideline and rear are also completly wrong.

Another info I got:

The movable roof a lá Mercedes SL is off the table for the new coupe/spyder. The Spyder will get a standart movable hood. We will see first the "small" 4.2-version in Geneva in march `07. Later a more performanced version will follow as the new "GrandSport". Standart transmission of the new model will be a 6-speed ZF-automatic gearbox. Option will be the Cambiocorsa-shifting.

The Quattroporte will be available with 6-speed ZF automatic from January `07 on!

Ciao!
    Walter (CNN-Modena.......)

3. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    #53 RC33, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Yeah, your dealer is right, those pictures are apparently not accurate, the new Coupe should have a front grille very similar to the MC12.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    My source is NOT a dealer! I got this infos from someone who is a leading person with Maserati S.p.A.

Ciao!
    Walter

5. Maserati-Mark

Maserati-Mark Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Minnetonka
    Full Name:
    Mark Potter
    I have also personally shown all of the Maserati Coupe spy pictures, including old copies of everything shown in this thread to our rep, and he laughed and said they are nothing close to what the car looked like.

- Mark

6. ITALOVER

ITALOVER Karting

Feb 26, 2006
    MODESTO , CALIF.
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    Am I the only one that is disappointed for the lack of a manuel shift ? Competing with M.B. , I believe their re introducing the manual shift in their sports line .

7. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    Personally, in those magazine pics I think the front end looks a little Nissan 350Zish and the rear profile BMW 850i. I hope they aren't representative of the real deal coz I'm a little disappointed if that's the case. Still a nice looking car but maybe lost a little flare.

8. mont

mont Formula 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Tastes are Tastes but... I can tell there is no BMW or Nissan in its lines, just pure Maserati!
    Don't get fouled by the photos they don't reveal the "dinamic" lines. They are just a still image.

Mont

9. mont

mont Formula 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I'm sorry Derek, but now I understood you were refering to the Autocar Photos. You are right.
    But forget those images. They are not the real thing not even closer...
    Look at SportAuto photos (page 2). Those are much closer.

Regards,

Mont

10. Dolle Dolf

Dolle Dolf Karting

Apr 15, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    You and I both man. The onlly way for the purist.

11. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    Right now I am hunting for the right coupe, with a 6MT

The lack of a stick shift would push me over to a Porsche.
    They seem to be the only mfg that gets it.

12. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    The silver illistration looks fantastic. Much more handsome than the current model. The curves really help.

Darrell.

13. L.E

L.E Rookie

Oct 2, 2006

Not at all, is a modern reinterpretation of the A6 GCS berlinetta Pininfarina grille.

14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Spoke to a source at my dealer who has actually seen the finished product, there was a preview at the Paris motorshow and he just laughed when I told him of the pictures I had seen, specifically the rear light treatment....

15. mont

mont Formula 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Wich lights? SportAuto's or Autocar's?
    I bet they will look like those of the French magazine...
    Belive me, I'm sure the coupe will look like that, pictured in SportAuto.

Mont

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Apparently guaging by his reaction those triange lights arent on the finished car, in fact he was pretty cagey about most aspects but what I did get a sort of reaction to was my comment of an variation of the QP nose.

However one thing I was told was tha it isnt going to look like any of the pictures in circulation at the moment......and its looks absolutely stunning but that was already a know....will see what else I can find out....

17. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I saw the disguised prototype at the Ferrari factory a few days ago.

18. PacoSaca

PacoSaca Rookie

May 24, 2005
    El Salvador
    Full Name:
    Paco Saca
    ...and???

19. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    And nothing, it was disguised and I was on the tour bus, so i could not hear the engine.

20. PacoSaca

PacoSaca Rookie

May 24, 2005
    El Salvador
    Full Name:
    Paco Saca
    ...curiosity is killing me!!!

The Ferrari Panamerican 20,000 was here today with the two beautiful 599 GTB and I was able to talk to a few people that had actually seen the new Maserati and everybody agrees that what we all have seen rolling on the net is not even close to the real thing and that it is a really beautifull car, it boasts 470 hp, it has a concave front end very similar to a 1950's model. They told me that it is slightly bigger than the current model but smaller than the Ferrari 599 GTB. They also said that the first units should be arriving in America in late 2007 and at least here I'm the first on the list :D

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Perhaps I confused somebody! If so, I have to apologise.
    I meant it that way:

"I just got confirmation by Maserati-Germany that they would be very happy to get the new Coupe either for static-display or test-/passenger-rides in August `07 for the Oldtimer GP held on the Nuerburgring. If so, than this would propably the FIRST official appearance of the new car worldwide!"

Ciao!
    Walter

22. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Looks like I'll have to plan a trip to Germany in August..

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Townshend,
    a Maserati event is always worth to come! Doesn`t matter where it is!

Ciao!
    Walter

24. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

While there is nothing wrong with going to Germany to see the car. But you can bet on the car being at Monterey next year.

Joe

25. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Yes, but it gives me an excuse to go to Germany and go around the famous 'ring :). I'll be at Monterey as well..