new maserati??? | FerrariChat

new maserati???

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by seinfeld, Nov 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    heres 2 pics i found of this maserati that was on www.supercarfreak.net

anybody know any info on it?..it looks so cool!>.but what i dont like and would change is the roofline. it looks so weird imo...but i love the front!

2. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    That looks like a Picchio (sp?) body Grand Am racer - not sure on the class designator - powered by a Maserati engine. I believe 1 or 2 years ago there was one powered by a BMW M5 motor.

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I think you're right. Although Grand-Am racing isn't very poular in the USA it sounds like it would be a good move on Maserati's part as it would bring the marque back into racing circles here once again.
    Curious though about the "Maserati of Orange County" decal though...maybe this is a privateer being sponsored by them?

4. VT DMC

VT DMC Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Wilmoth Mack
    You were right about Grand Am racing not being very popular, because if it was you would have already known that this past year there were two Maserati's competing against the BMW's in the GT class.

5. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I knew about the two Trofeos being campaigned by Ferrari of Washington but the above car pictured is obviously something new.

6. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I'm almost positive that has nothing to with Maserati other than it's sponsorship.

Like it was said earlier Picchio. But still not powered by Maserati.