New Member - F1 or 6speed | FerrariChat

New Member - F1 or 6speed

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Shank360, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shank360

Shank360 Rookie

Mar 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shank
    Hi, new member here.

I have finally decided to purchase a 2004 Ferrari 360 Spider. I am sure this subject has been beaten to death, but my search results didn't answer.

I would like your opinion on weather or not to get an F1 vs. 6speed. I am not talking in terms of resale, but rather fun factor, and driveability. I test drove only an F1, and was impressed with the ride. I have other high HP cars, and though this didn't compare in speed to my other cars, it sure was a pleasureable experience. I am concerned if I would get bored with an F1 after a month, once I master the paddles. What is your opionion?

Thanks,
    Shank

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello Shank. I just purchased a 360 Modena Spider 6 Speed. Read some of the threads which have addressed this subject. There was one a week or two ago, I believe. I drove both the F1 and 6 Speed back to back and for me it was no contest. The 6 Speed keeps you busier and commands your input at all times. For me that's a good thing. Again, it's purely subjective as are many subjects found in this chat group. One thing is for sure. I can pull a 6 Speed 360 off the line faster than an F1. On a track, it could be argued that an F1 allows the driver to focus on driving and, therefore, could be quicker in that environment. By the way, cool web site!

3. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Its all about personal opinion. My dad has a 360 Coupe F1 and he likes it simply because he cant drive a stick very well. He also has a Porsche Turbo Tiptronic because of the same fact.

Im not sure if theres any performance difference, he let me drive the F1 and it seems so fake. Maybe because of the fact that its all computerated. The F1 is more of a, if you will, traffic crusier. You dont have to worry about shifting and ****.

As for the 6-speed, those are for fun. You can just **** around with the car, and you have it at your hands. With a 6-speed, the car is your *****, you control everything it does.

So, I may be of no help but whatever, either one is badass.

4. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Welcome... but c'mon... search on "F1 6 speed" would get you dozens of answers... we don't need yet another thread... I'm closing this.

Two Examples less than 2 weeks old: F1 vs 6 SPEED and F1 vs 6spd.