New Member From ATL | FerrariChat

New Member From ATL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DJATL, May 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DJATL

DJATL Rookie

May 24, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    DavidP
    Hello! Long time Porsche guy here, having had 20+ Porsches over my lifetime. Amazing cars, engineering and people and will always have a soft spot for them but time to try a new adventure.

Been lurking for a while and kicking around a number of options, debating between 430 and 360, F1 vs manual. I don't believe in garage queens (had a 997 GT3 as a daily driver) or the "collectability" of stick shifts but do enjoy rowing my own. That said I think I am settling on a 430 F1 Spider given the limited selection and over the top markups on manuals at the moment.

I ordered a 911 C4S in paint to sample Rosso Barchetta and it was one of the most commented on cars I owned. If anyone knows of a clean 430 in that color or Rosso Mugello, shoot me a note.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome!

LIke with most cars people are looking for, I'll keep an ear peeled.

sjd

3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Welcome, I have a 360 in Rosso Fiorano. Not the same but still an off red.

4. DJATL

DJATL Rookie

May 24, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    DavidP
    Thanks for the replies, good to hear from fellow enthusiasts in metro Atlanta.

@Andy - Rosso Fiorano is a beautiful color, never seen it in person but must look stunning in the light. Really like the darker reds, whether metallic or solid.