New Member From Texas | FerrariChat

New Member From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Turbolag, Mar 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbolag

Turbolag Rookie

Mar 10, 2018
    I am glad to be a member on the forum. I have been reading through some of the threads the past couple days, and have really enjoyed the site.

I don't currently own a Ferrari. I have a 2018 Civic Type R. I would like to learn more about Ferraris and owning one. I am really interested in the F355. This would be my first Ferrari. I'm not looking to purchase immediately, I just want to do some homework.

So far what I've learned is to budget about $5,000 a year for maintenance for one.

Its great to be here. I look forward to meeting everyone.

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome! There's a wealth of info in the 348/355 section. It was a tremendous help and influence when I became an owner about 6 months ago. If the F355 has your heart, then learn as much as you can about everything that goes right/goes wrong/you need to know about when making your purchase. Read all the forums on all the other models too. There's an amazing amount of knowledge here.

The #1 thing I learned: Learn as much as you can, and make an informed purchase. It's never been so important as it is here. The cheapest Ferrari is often the most expensive one...it's not a lie.

I bought a car with a strange clutch noise, and knew it going in. I DIY'd the service on the flywheel and clutch, and it's been great so far.

sjd

3. Turbolag

Turbolag Rookie

Mar 10, 2018
    Thanks for the info man. The quote about the cheapest one can be the most expensive makes a lot on sense.