New Member Needing F355 Purchase Advice??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Member Needing F355 Purchase Advice???

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Diablo96, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    Well,I will be doing some research into buying one from the continent and paying
    the UK vat and import tax.In theory the practice of the manufacturer lowering the cost to allow for the necessary countries tax to go on
    top may apply here.I remember people in germany buying rhd factory cars for their families when I worked there.The dealers were totally happy to place the
    orders for cars destined for the uk.I'll let you know.

2. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Agreed. A conversation with a few dealers can confirm that prices are starting to look flabby.

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I also note a couple of LHD Gallardos in Classic& Sportscar mag for £100k.

I think in many situations the speculators ordering cars and trying to sell them on for a quick buck distorts the market for real buyers, and you end up with a glut of cars on the market.

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Its needs to be creme leather with red interior the best combination.
    If not creme, then black leather with red carpets.

5. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    remember if you are buying from an EU country you do not have to pay any Uk Vat or import tax.

6. 360RPS

360RPS Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Rich
    We bought an RHD SL55 AMG from Germany and had to pay the VAT.

7. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I drove both the Murci and the Gallardo back to back at the Lambo London track day at Millbrook last sunday. Had to race down there after Stanford Hall but boy was it worth it. The Gallardo does everything really well and is very fast but feels sort of distant/sterile. Not much noise, no drama etc, super car but not my cup of tea. Then I drove an E gear Murci. I cannot tell you how different that car is. Its huge, much noisier, and seems so much more 'Lamboish'. The noise and wind from the rear fans is like the prop wash from a small plane! At the begining of the mile straight the guy with me told me to floor it and he would tell me where to brake. I hit it and to tell you the truth it frightened me. The redline is 7500 as opposed to the 8500 of the 355 but the torque and relentless shove in the back is mind blowing.Its as steady as a rock too. Got to 250ish kmh (185?mph) then hammered the brakes. Speak quietly to any of the Lambo London boys and the car to have is the Murci. Colour choice? Bright colour, dual tone interior and no sat nav,according to them.I think Lambo London are actually controlling the used prices inadvertently, and everybody is following suit. The amount of new Murci's is being strictly controlled with another 30 due 2005. I feel the Murci prices will hold firm though but just my opinion (I wud say that)! Having said all that, I drove back up in the 355,switching places with my mate half way,and realised again what a truly great car the 355 is. Fantastic noise and gorgeous looks. Does anyone ever use 5th on the motorway?
    I will truly miss that car.

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I meant 6th on the motorway!

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hey now that you have found a six gear are you keeping the 355 if so can i have your lambo slot

10. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    McT,
    I was working on the assumption that you buy it free of tax from say germany and pay the vat here.

11. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Awesume Simon! 5th AND 6th in the 355 - I've never found them??? 4th and tittering around 7000-8000 revs it what its all about, Tubi ablaze and top down.

Your comments have confirmed it for me - the Gallardo would just not be enough of a step up from the 355 for me I feel. Its the BEAST or nothing IMHO.

If Lambo London continue to hold prices high on the RHDs, more people will just go LHD I reckon.... the saving are massive and Its still the same car after all.

Ade

12. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    you're right, it is the same car in LHD. The leather inside is beautiful, has a very distinctive smell,made by schedoni i think. One thing that is really useful for me,(being a country boy oo ahh) is the nose that lifts about 2" vertically.Very clever. U are right Ade, a gallardo or 360 would not be a big enough jump. The Murci is like the big bro to the 355, firespitting, loud etc which you just don't get in anything else bar a used F40, Diablo etc.
    They did'nt invite Valentino Balboni (chief lambo test driver) this year which is a shame.Apparently last year on a part of the course which includes a dip and a hump,he took off in every lambo every time! The Murci only took this about 30 times then the front suspension collapsed. He thought is was hilarious but i gather the Lambo boys were not amused.