New member So. Cal | FerrariChat

New member So. Cal

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PCHMOTOHO, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Hello,

I first joined this forum back in 2006 and as you can see was pretty much just a lurker. I believe I was about 10 years when I saw a 308 in a magazine (back in 75 I’m guessing) and knew that one day I would have a Ferrari.

I was always afraid of the costs of Ferrari ownership but after a little research decided that the a 328 was the way to go. I asked for thoughts on a black 328 up in Sacramento (I’m in LA) and the help I received from the members here was awesome.

The black 328 was not a good car and shortly thereafter I found another good candidate (also 400 miles away of course) at Solerno Motorsports. A search of Solerno on this forum could not have been more positive and all the positive comments regarding Solerno had me drive up there again to look at this car. Three days later I returned again in a rental car and drove this 87 328 red/tan (in case the picture doesn’t attach) 400 miles home with zero incidents.

Can’t say enough good things about Solerno!

Anyways I’m not sure why it took me so long to finally obtain my second of two automotive dreams (first being a 65 / 66 GT350, bought a 66 half a dozen years ago due to 65s being out of my budget) but sure am glad I finally did it.

The sound of that V8 behind me is just intoxicating. Looking forward to learning a lot here and maybe even contributing in the near future.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tommygun64 and Mistahtowsan like this.
  2. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Congrats! Great-looking car!

3. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006