New Member | FerrariChat

Discussion in '348/355' started by Roth, Jan 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    #1 Roth, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Hi boys and girls! I've been so busy living, I forgot all about Fchat. So awhile ago I embarked on a quest to "modernize" the 355 Spider top. I was so focused on wireless automation, I failed to notice one important detail. The top has a manual latch and unlatching mechanism. It kinda defeat the idea of remote top activation. It is possible to do away the handle with a magnetic lock but the time and cost doesn't justify the end.

Nevertheless, I finalized a contraption that does what I had in mind. Given the situation we are in, finding parts off the shelf is impossible. I've come to a realization only China makes anything anymore. But not to be deterred, I end up using more components than necessary.

What you see below is a working example. The control device is any smart phone utilizing Bluetooth wireless communication. The seats and top operation bypass all micro switches except the hand brake.

Operation:
    1) Move seats forward
    2) Open/close top
    3) Move seats back

Attached Files:

2. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    not able to view file?

3. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    tres55 and Qavion like this.
  4. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    for some reason it didn't upload.

5. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    It uploaded as a .heic file type. Those don't embed as an image.

6. OttawaSon

OttawaSon Rookie

Feb 28, 2021
    Full Name:
    Norman Allan
    Hi I'm a newby. Looks like a great community with many Ferrari interests.

My reason for joining is to learn what I can about Ferrari racing transporters and racing support vehicles.

I am interested in racing transporters used by all marques but I have a soft spot for racing transporters used by "Team Lotus. I'm also keen on Lotus street cars - and have a 1991 Lotus M100 Elan SE Turbo