NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 95 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedgod

speedgod Rookie

May 14, 2019
    I think the cavalino restaurant will only make it an even nicer experience and help support reviving tourism to Italy post COVID this summer.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2352 TheMayor, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Ok, this pisses me off

F the men's and women's "luxury" clothes
    F the "Ferrari style" online show
    F a new restaurant

Get your asses in gear and win some FREAKIN' F1 races again and start making some great, noisy, fast yet beautiful sports cars instead of Freakin' SUV's for rich soccer moms to run to Costco in. Your market is men -- specifically car people. Start acting like you know that.

Get your marketing department people's heads out of their butts! Grow a pair. You're Ferrari dammit.

You're WELCOME!

/END rant

3. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Tend to agree with you particularly on F1 which is just tragically bad. When it comes to the restaurant, I think doing something fancy with Bottero is a mistake. Montana is fine and has the history and good food. Bottero’s cooking is over done and to be honest not worth the money if Osteria Francescana is anything to go by.

JackCongo likes this.
  4. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Agree, Massimo is a genius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F140C likes this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    This seems to be more like a newsletter of upcoming events and for sure the fact that fashion—and especially restaurant—news are mentioned I don’t think it implies these are on the same level as a new sports car model.

F140C and jpalmito like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I doubt they will price LB around F8 ..they moving into a higher segment now so expect Pista levels or maybe even higher;)

MANDALAY likes this.
  7. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Exactly. Not sure why a simple announcement, which confirms a new sports car and includes some infos about side activities/businesses, could get this hate but...whatever.

red passion and Doug23 like this.
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The "whatever" is that Ferrari is more interested in promoting its womenwear today than new sportscars. Its forgotten its key audience.

This is just another example. Instead of talking to US about cars, its more interested in getting people to buy "Ferrari clothes".

Steve McQueen would be laughing his ass off.

BUT I do apologize for HiJacking this thread. We should get back to Little Brother.... Sorry

9. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    My "whatever" was about "F clothes" and "F the restaurant". I'm sure the LB will get the spotlight (deservedly so) when the time is right, but Ferrari, as a popular brand, has to care about other products as well to promote itself, be it a restaurant, a partnership with a fashion brand and so on. They are obviously less important than a new car in the eyes of most enthusiasts on this forum, nobody is denying that, but are still worth a mention in a normal, yet small, PR.

Also, no need to apologize Mayor, we're all here to share comments and opinions.

Alvega, Senshi458 and Doug23 like this.
  10. speedgod

speedgod Rookie

May 14, 2019
    With two fewer cylinders and remaining RWD, do we think their could be a weight savings to LB (vs F8 or 488)?

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Bringing Steve McQueen into this issue is a bit contradictory. McQueen was a celebrity and an amateur driver, actually a not so good one as the Tag Heuer ads makes us to believe (Paul Newman achieved a lot more with much less fuss).

So I wouldn't put Steve McQueen as the "standard of real manhood behind the wheel".

12. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Can’t wait, the poster suggests those are the final wheels and they look Monza-esque , which imho isn’t a bad thing, interior looks (for the very little we can see) very reminiscent of the SF90, which is to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA likes this.
  13. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    Hi Guys,

@maha already put my link to my instagram account. I was last Thursday in Maranello, the car is already spotted and reviewed. But this time one of the testcars (3 in total that day) was having camouflaged rims (what @9nb already said) they're close to the rims of the Monza. At the the picture where the car is driving behind a Fiat 500 you see her Looks in comparison to a normal road car
    The noise? it's pretty close to the SF90, only the SF90 sounds a little bit heavier
    as always our Render artist @isot will make some renders!

Greetings,

Derek
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thank you Derek for the spy shots!

TSOYBELIS and jpalmito like this.
  15. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    My pleasure! I will be back in Maranello by Tuesday, and hopefully with some new updates!

TSOYBELIS, 512tr1992, 9nb and 9 others like this.
  16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Doesn't look particularly elegant, but I'm the worst at seeing beyond the camo.

So I hope I'm wrong! :D

17. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    What the heavily camouflaged V6's testcars didn't show was what I saw on this (Frankenstein :cool:) Ferrari Mule
    To little airholes on the bonnet.. curious what the function is and if it will come back on the Final car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9nb and F140C like this.
  18. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    Don't worry, they changed almost every body panel to fool you! ;)

9nb and G. Pepper like this.
  19. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    I saw the V6 last year in october with her last form of camouflage.
    The hips with the airintakes will be extreme high, higher then the rear view mirrors.
    I had also the Luck that a SF90 crossed my path, the difference between mirror setup and airintakes are great to see!
    Hope you like them!

@G. Pepper you see.. don't worry! ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9nb, G. Pepper and manya81 like this.
  20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Great job Derek, terrific photos as always!

21. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    The airintake from behind, like @isot told me, it reminds him on the 250 LM!
    I think we all agree, that is one of the best looking classics on the planet ;):p

isot, Jonathan19, F140C and 2 others like this.
  22. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    Thanks, I hope I can post more updates in the next couple of days

Senna1994 likes this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a McQueen poster hanging in my office behind my desk.

Data, adall, NYC Fred and 2 others like this.
  24. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    H

I’ve asked this before, but is this a spider? Looks like flying buttresses...

SV