New Moderators pulling threads. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Moderators pulling threads.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by allanlambo, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sorry Allan, for some reason some edits aren't showing up in the moderator log. I'll look into it.

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Did anyone ever find out who was using Bruce's account a few weeks back?

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Personally, i like having a free for all. I can definately take care of myself. But when people start taking police powers to the extreme.. time to overthrow.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Right on. I hate prudish, idiotic, pointless censorship. I think you do a fantastic job, Rob. But somewhere out there is a moderator who needs to be told that he is being a moron.

5. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM

Haha.. lol..

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I had some posts deleted last week as well in a thread. I think that was kind of ridicoulous. NOthing bad was said by me or to bad by others but most of the thread was left with only one sided comments from a few others and several other users had there messages deleted in the thread as well. I mean come on, seems a bit much. Oh well who cares right.

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Thanks for exposing this nonsense. I didn't know about your posts, only Allan's. Not that I am a mod, but I participate here and I care. I am sure Rob does too.

I am sure changes are afoot.

8. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    As long as its fair and across the board equal and not one sided. There might be some hypocritical actions at times. But who am I to say so.. maybe when its a paysite then it will get better or then start deleting posts. AS of now its free so leave it up in my opinion.

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Fiedler brought up Gestapo again, nice to bring nazi's in during Passover. What a mature, upstanding soul, who whines when his posts are deleted. I'm glad moderators are pulling threads, since Fiedler doesn't have enough restraint to not post his BS attacks. Really a shame Dan/whomever offends Fiedler isn't up to his fine high standards. And people quote him, so my ignore feature doesn't work.
    I really missed this board, and I understand now that Fiedler just enjoys putting others down to build himself/his interests up. He's like the dung beetle of FC. ;)

10. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Maybe his posts got deleted. The only person I see bringing all that up is you.

11. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Well, I'm sorry if nazi refs don't bother you. Or retard refs. Fiedler will hit something offensive to you someday. I actually like Lambos, but why intelligent people tolerate a bigot/misogynist like Fiedler is beyond me. At least the moderators are moderating moderately.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

You may want to check Ferrari-squawk.com,(or whatever the damn thing is called) what else is new.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay play nicely guys ... this is why posts get pulled.

Rob,

In all seriousness if a post gets deleted then a message should be left by the moderator, ie:

[Post deleted by X]

Then we know what is going on and don't think that the server is playing up, etc. Just deleting them is not right and causes confusion ... and if your children are into Thomas the Tank engine you will know that confusion is a bad thing :D

I do think that deleting posts is a bit extreme ... I was only playing :D

Pete

14. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I didn't see that post. But I still think you are being overly sensitive. There was no anti-Semitism in that post, which is what you are taking it as. In fact, I believe Allan is Jewish. But we are getting off on a tangent. This thread is about censorship.

And yes, Allan has said offensive things to me in the past. I support his right to free speech. And I protest needless censorship.

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Posted in a Sponsor welcome thread

Not really, I lost family to nazis, had a very unsatisfactory exchange with the anencephalic sloth over it. Yes Fiedler is a Jew, as am I. It is Passover, and he is insensitive, boorish, and deserving of censorship. The "buttbuddy" post is too.

I abhor censorship of ideas and knowledge, but I learn little from Fiedler other than intolerance.

I come here for lots of the people, the cars, and I don't even mind pron if it is reasonably respectful.

I enjoy your posts, and many of NNO's (not all, mind). Limits in a community as large as this one now are needed, and Fiedler pushes them daily for whatever his motives are. And he whines when he gets pushed back. Not even a mensch.

16. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I see a lot of humor. Wish I had his ability for quick comebacks sometimes.

I enjoy almost everyone's posts. But there's a few people on my ignore list too. Why do we need to have posts pulled if they conform to the rules? If someone does not like them, he can just put the poster on ignore.

If Allan gets under your skin, why can't you put him on your Ignore list?

Strongly disagree. We have more than enough as it is.

Put him on your Ignore list.
    You call yanking his post (even though it conforms to the posted rules) pushing back? I call it insecure and inappropriate. Match wits, enjoy the show, or move on.

17. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    He is, but people quote him and I still have to read his dreck(see LotusTT below). I was looking at the membership thread, seeing what is available, and there he is, with 6 messages. I went to post in the Evosport thread, as I have bought from them and was quite pleased, and he is attacking someone there. Completely unrelated threads, one of which is a welcome thread, and he pi$$es on it.

Does he ever offer condolences to the families of those injured like the recent post? Not that I saw. Occasionally he is funny, but that seems to be timing more than content.

Ugliness of spirit needs a censor(actually needs a mentor and maturation, but most of us are to old for that here).

You buy a house from him, you close, he says ' I just ripped your beak for 80k?' Not likely, for his sake.

Why can't people treat this place like a livingroom, and if you're a dickhead, the homeowner throws you out. Vomit on the master bedspread? You're gone.

Just my 20000lira on censorship

18. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    If people quote him, it's not his fault. The software is imperfect, and always will be. If it could hide posts from someone on the ignore list even when it is quoted, then somone else could make a mistake while quoting or copy it and post it under their name and you would end up reading it. It happens to me with the people on my Ignore list. I can deal with it.

We live in an imperfect world. There's many things we dislike. But if it's within the range of permissible behavior, then there's no need to decide on behalf of society that it should not be allowed. The greater good lies in letting everyone else decide for themselves if they want to be exposed to it or not. Censorship is for those who think they know better than me what I like or dislike. The Brits have a perfect word for such an individual: prat.

The rules (whatever they may be) should apply to everyone. The recent censorship has been contrary to the posted rules and regulations in some cases, and has definitely not been applied to everyone with the same stringency.

I am very strongly against any more restrictions.

19. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    What did Dan do?

I mostly edit when I am alerted to a thread. If you feel there is a double standard, then alert to posts you dislike by the alert.

The only thing I edit on the spot is if a user messed up how to quote because they forgot to put in a [ or something similar. The only thread I edited word for word was one of the Nibbles/Allan threads where I replaced with * everything they called each other a name (Nibbles*** for example)

If a post is an attack on an other user I delete the post and you can see that the post has been deleted along with by whom and for what reason. I have been 'told' to by the board. If you guys are fine with it, I will leave that alone too. (Recall, the concenus was more moderation needed in this regard)

Example, I have left the open lamarossa threads to the wind, but with new threads that he has started I am *trying* to give him the benifit of the doubt.

Simple question: What do you want?

PS I have nothing against any of the users of this board personally, franky I could care less anymore whether xxx hates yyy, too much time to waste for me. As for Allan, I like Allan's posts generally more them some, I have been following him/his saga since my NSXprime days...

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Honestly, you would have to be a buttplug to take my use of the word Gestapo as anything but a negative towards Nazi's, you bummbling idiot.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    And btw, im not jewish.

22. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    No wonder you can't be a mensch!

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Open Mouth, insert foot.:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13544&page=2&pp=20

24. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Good. Does the realty board in HI have an ethics board? your ticket is good until June next year, I want to help with your renewal. You kiss your wife with that mouth? Oh, yeah, she married you...

25. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Idea: Offtopic with extremely limited moderation (mainly the nude thing, with lesser for when users can't type and you need to correct how they use the quotes in a thread) from now on with no deleting of posts for flame issues.

Gen. Dis.
    Greater moderation of the flaming then present, with flames being removed from threads and either deleted or moved to off-topic.