New Mondial Cab in the neighborhood | FerrariChat

New Mondial Cab in the neighborhood

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by skyboltone, Jan 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skyboltone

skyboltone Karting

Jan 16, 2006
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Dan Hall
    One of my neighbors here at the marina just drug home an '84 Mondial Cabriolet project that's about as rough as they come without actually being in pieces. He paid $12.5K. It has two new fenders and some miscellaneous new body parts that are attached but need to be tweeked and sorted before paint. He's still got to acquire the chin and brow piece just under the hood. New grill in the box but not yet fitted. Boxes of miscellaneous parts of course. Engine runs but barely. Condition of clutch and transmission unknown. Clutch takes an extremely robust kick to push in?!? Not having driven one I'm unsure how tough these clutches are.

Anyway, surprised the heck out of me to see it there in the parking lot. I spied the exhaust peeking out from under the car cover this morning and knew it was an F car and probably a 308 then. This afternoon I helped him fuss with it trying to get it started. He was unaware of this group so may well pipe in here soon.

It's not a project I would take on for sure but his other car is a very well kept early 90's XJS, so he knows which direction to head. He intends to get it to a resonable driver status and put miles on it. Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted as this develops.

Dan