New Murcielago owner :) | FerrariChat

New Murcielago owner :)

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Nuvolari, Dec 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    When the Murcielago came out in 2002 it absolutely floored me. I was just taken aback by the styling and thought it had a lot of modern interpretations of the Countach. For over 15 years this car has really been on the top of the must have list and yesterday that dream came true. I was able to find a 2003 Murcielago in exactly the spec I would have ordered if the car was new. Arancio Atlas (pearl orange) with Avorio Lilium (creme) interior. 6 speed manual with full documentation and all the original goodies down to the window sticker.

A special thanks goes out to Roy Cats who selflessly gave me pre-purchase advice on a car he had no commercial interest in. It was a pleasure to have Roy's help and for that I am grateful.

One fun story before the requisite photos. Today we are totally snowed in Toronto but yesterday was clean and dry when the car arrived. My father was flying into town later in the day from a business trip and he had no idea that I bought the Murci. To surprise him I picked him up at the airport and it was quite the scene :) Later I took him home to further surprise my mom who was also in the dark about the purchase. Great memories were made and I hope to share my enthusiasm with others during my ownership experience.

The ultimate plan is for my wife and I to do a cross country drive next year and document it online. I always dreamed of a cross continent trek in a Lambo so 2018 looks to be the year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

u2driver, dgt, Boomhauer and 7 others like this.
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Rob - huge congrats!! Car looks awesome :)

I've always like these since seeing one in the Dark Knight :)

Nuvolari likes this.
  3. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    congrats and welcome to the lambo side! :)
    enjoy it and have fun

Nuvolari likes this.
  4. Smurf

Smurf Formula 3

Nuvolari likes this.
  5. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    Awesome!

Nuvolari likes this.
  6. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome car, Rob. Nice addition to your collection. Congrats and enjoy in good health!

Nuvolari likes this.
  7. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Welcome to the Murcie club! Great story and car. Excellent choice going with a manual. Upside for days...

Nuvolari likes this.
  8. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Congrats!

I remember you standing in my garage @ a decade ago looking at my LP400 saying that only an orange LP400 would do for you.

Well, this is actually a better car in every performing way, and at least this one will actually get you clear across the country!

Well-played.

vfinaldi and Nuvolari like this.
  9. Congratulations. I think it's a good time to buy a Murcielago, especially a manual one.

Nuvolari likes this.
  10. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    The original Murcielago is the best. In orange. So, enjoy!

Nuvolari likes this.
  11. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Thank you all for the kind words. Buying at the beginning of winter made for a better deal but the wait until spring will be a tough one. During the winter I am just going to tackle some simple jobs to bring the car closer to stock. The chrome wheels will be replaced for an OEM set I got with the car (if anyone is interested the chrome OEM Murci wheels will be for sale). Tint on the tail and side lights will be removed. Again anyone with un-tinted originals who would like to trade straight up I'm game. Other than that it is a little detailing here and there more than anything for sake of it and we'll be good for summer.

Joe I do very much remember being in your garage and proclaiming my desire for an orange LP400. Make no mistake I still love the LP400 but the current prices do not represent value to me personally so I am happy to be a spectator. Since then I also went through an extensive Ferrari Dino restoration so I am a little off of getting another 70's Italian car :D The Murcielago offers a more modern sportscar experience which is something I felt like sampling and the orange was the total deal closer for me. Any other colour regardless of price was of zero interest and I was particularly happy to get a car with cream interior which is a personal preference.

joe sackey and vfinaldi like this.
  12. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Amazing!! Congratulations and enjoy it to the max.

As my mechanic says "don't park it and stare at it....DRIVE IT!"

Nuvolari likes this.
  13. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Thank you. Don't worry about me I'll drive it but with a foot of snow having fallen in the last 48 hours staring is painfully my only option.

vfinaldi likes this.
  14. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congratulations! Beautiful spec!

Nuvolari likes this.
  15. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Great car! Murcielago is still just as good looking today as in '02. Excellent that you are going to unpimp ze auto and put it back to stock. The orange reminds me of one that was in a photoshoot in the snow against a frozen waterfall in EVO magazine I think. Love the Murcie. The car looks in extremely good condition. Feel free to post more pics and driving impressions.

Nuvolari likes this.
  16. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    That is a very sharp car, congratulations to you.

Nuvolari likes this.
  17. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Love to here how it compares to your Carrera GT? I picked up a manual 2005 Murci Roadster last year as I missed the boat on the CGT price wise.

18. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Congrats!!! Car looks fantastic!

Nuvolari likes this.
  19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Congratulations!

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Murci Me!

That's just freakin' awesome. Thanks to Roy!

Nuvolari likes this.
  21. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Thanks for the kind words...I enjoyed speaking with you and helping you getting to your goal...

As a person having done a cross country run from Seattle all the way to South Florida in my FIRST Murice, also a 2003, I can say you will enjoy the heck out of it.

Mine proved to be bullet prof for the years I owned it. It now still lives in Seattle with another first time Lamborghini owner. He as well did a long distance trip in it and now it approaches 60K miles, still tip top runner.

Enjoy it to the fullest..

Congrats

Nuvolari likes this.
  22. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Auguri and enjoy!

Nuvolari likes this.
  23. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Congrats!!

Nuvolari likes this.
  24. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Congrats , and enjoy it in good long health !

Sounds like a fun cross country adventure together.

January is already here, a few more weeks to go ;)

Nuvolari likes this.
  25. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Congratulations and a happy new year, It is terrific to see dreams realized.

Nuvolari likes this.