new Range Rover Velar | FerrariChat

new Range Rover Velar

Discussion in 'British' started by jm2, Mar 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #1 jm2, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Range Rover Velar: ?????????? ?*?????? - Cardesign.ru - ??????? ?????? ? ???????????? ???????. ?????? ????. ?????????. ???????????. ???????. ???????????? ?????.

AutoConception.com Rover has officially unveiled the new Velar during a special event at the Design Museum in London.

As the fourth member of the Range Rover family, the new mid-size luxury SUV has been created to fill the ‘white space’ between the Evoque and Range Rover Sport models.

Dubbed “Blade” by development engineers due to its slender profile and clean surfaces, standout design features include full-LED headlights that are claimed to be the slimmest to ever appear on a production Land Rover vehicle, while details such as the flush deployable door handles have helped improve the car’s aerodynamics; with a drag coefficient of 0.32, the Velar is now officially the most aerodynamically-efficient Land Rover ever produced.

On the inside, the centrepiece is an all-new “Touch Pro Duo” infotainment system which features two 10-inch HD touchscreens integrated seamlessly behind secret-until-lit surfaces. The SUV’s 2,874 mm wheelbase has also helped deliver a 632-litre luggage compartment.

Sitting on 22-inch wheels, the aluminium-intensive body incorporates a double-wishbone front- and integral link rear suspension, as well as an all-wheel drive system, four-corner air suspension on certain models, ground clearance of up to 251 mm, a wading depth of up to 650 mm, and a suite of traction technologies with Land Rover’s Terrain Response 2 and All Terrain Progress Control also coming as options.

In terms of power, there will be a range of six petrol and diesel engines, all matched to ZF eight-speed automatic transmissions.

Of all Velar models, the most exclusive of all will be the First Edition, which will be available worldwide but strictly for one model year only. It will be powered solely by 3.0-litre V6 petrol and diesel engines, with the petrol version delivering 375 bhp and a 0-60 mph time of 5.3 seconds. Top speed is electronically-limited to 155 mph.

Designed and engineered at Jaguar Land Rover’s development centres in the UK, the Velar will be produced at the company’s Solihull production facility. It goes on sale in mid-July in the UK and Europe and in over 170 markets worldwide.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    meh. they'll sell the **** out of them, but meh.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It looks very very similar to the Sport. What is the estimated msrp?

4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    in one of the videos the woman says@ 50K USD

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    just goes to show ya, I really like it.......nothing goofy or silly

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    They all look the same now.
    Which isn't bad :D

Isn't that the new Discovery ?

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Slots between the Evoque and the Sport. They will sell every one they can make.

8. Monsieur Yoge

Monsieur Yoge Karting

May 20, 2016
    Starts at around $50k as OP mentioned but the top spec R-Dynamic HSE (V6 375BHP with 30mpg lol...) is around $88k and there is an even more expensive fully loaded 'First Edition' at $104k which is just an obscene amount of money for a mid-range Rangie but it's interesting how this car seems to have much more optional tech than the big poppa RR...

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks awesome IMO.

10. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  11. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Love its looks and I'm looking for a new SUV to replace my cayenne turbo. Really like the RRs but service has been an issue and they drive OK but not very sporty (compared to a poorsch).

12. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    The wife has a 2012 LR4 and wanted to get a new one this month. I will tell her to hold her horses and get this one when it comes out..
    Looks great..

13. Dakota

Dakota Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2012
    Alvord Texas
    Full Name:
    Dakota Crafton
    Looks like the dime a dozen Evoque lol

14. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    it just looks so generic, both within the existing RR lineup and with other SUVs on the market.

15. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    My rr sport lease is up next year and this looks very nice. Was considering jag f pace since want smaller size but will consider this too. Wonder if its based on jag chassis?

16. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Looks very good. Dont care for the current FFRR or the new discovery but this looks good.

17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I like it!
    I have a RR SVR and an LR4....may add this as a third!

Sent from my 16M

18. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I do rather like that.

19. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    This is proof positive that the only people still making beautiful cars are the Brits... and I guess the Italians. ;)

The Japanese and Germans should take note.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEz3tuXrw9o[/ame]

20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #20 jm2, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Ugh too early in morning for such ugliness

22. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    That Lexus looks hideous, as do all Toyotas/Lexuses.

23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Just noticed these a few weeks ago. So simple and clean: I really like the shape and the modern interior that's not overdone. Jony Ive would approve.

Just bought my wife the QX80 she'd been pining for since 2011 (we were looking exclusively at full-size 8-seat SUVs for her, which comes down to the Nissan/Infiniti, the GM "Subyutahodenalade" line or Ford Expedition/Navigator). I'm up to replace my DD next. Two SUVs might be obnoxious - I was looking at either sedans or maybe even a 4-seat coupe.

anunakki likes this.
  24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    So today i was asking a fellow attorney what he was thinking to replace his cayenne, joking about getting the Urus. Without skipping a beat he said, "Well not a range rover Velar, i just bought my wife one and it's junk." I expressed my surprise and he explained that it's been in the shop multiple times within a few months for warranty repairs. Said he'd never buy another.

25. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I had one as a loaner during scheduled service on my Jaguar. It was pretty cool but I’m not sure I was ready to go that futuristic.