Buy

New Roma - Love it and hate it

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Challenge64, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    The digital interface is riddled with issues. Our Roma and SF90 had issues as well.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Disgraceful events that would not be tolerated by intelligent successful men in any other scenario.
    Ferrari should be ashamed of themselves.
    If the car has any other issues in the coming weeks I strongly suggest you dump it or it will continue to ruin the potentially pleasurable aspect of owning it.
    Good luck.

wings and Jordan68 like this.
  4. redzak

redzak Rookie

Feb 25, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Love it (in my case) - picked up in June (first Ferrari) and only PITA is all the beeps and buzzes when you start up. Very annoying. Maybe I have been fortunate but minimal issues and dealer has been spectacular (North suburban Chicago). Only issues were (i) one of the brackets on the rear bumper broke - dealer ordered replacement and fixed in several weeks (I was able to continue driving the vehicle). UI interface sluggish but am used to it - the warm up light does not turn off and factory is aware of it. So really only two minor issues in almost 5 months - dealer has taken detailed notes of issues and factory taking a keen interest so they can iron out first year issues. Very impressed. Had way more electrical issues with my Panamera Turbo (which I loved by the way) - Apple play worked intermittently, screen would go blank, radio would shut off, etc. Vehicle is spectacular for what it is meant to be. Read all the horror stories on Ferrari ownership and pleased to report my experience has been great.

mrmicks, alex and Florida Joe like this.
  5. lars dahmann

lars dahmann Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    lars dah
    Have had the Roma now for 5 months now and 3500 miles later, no major issues to report. have left the car parked standing for 2 weeks without any trickle charger and no issues at all. Had some minor oil sensor issues when driving up a very steep incline that would show up once a day and then disappear but that issues was fixed with a full oil change which had some contamination. There was a softwares update 2 or 3 months ago that fixed some bugs on the electronics. But other then that I must say the system has been working well. Even starting the car take off right away without having the digital display fully fire up has been no issues as well. The one issues that does show up sometimes is temperature not staying in synch mode
    when you adjust the temperature too quickly.

6. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    I find it absurd that a very expensive gt car can't even sit in the garage for a few weeks. i'd understand for exotics but roma?

Vermilion.Automobili likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. 355 Giallo gtb

355 Giallo gtb Karting

Mar 14, 2015
    California
    Full Name:
    Rob p.
    i have had my Roma FOR 6 MONTHS NO PROBLEMS, I THINK YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU STORE YOUR KEY BEYOND THE DISTANCE, 25 FEET THAT THE DOORS AUTO LOCK. I BET YOUR FOB IS CAUSING SOME OF THESE ISSUES.

9. c928jon

c928jon Rookie

May 25, 2010
    I managed to fix all my quality concerns with my other cars, by buying a Landrover. It's lowered my expectations to "Has anything fallen off today Darlingr?"

10. Vintageignition

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini