New Silver Member in Greenville, SC | FerrariChat

New Silver Member in Greenville, SC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Keith Brown, Dec 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Keith Brown

Keith Brown Rookie

Mar 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Keith Brown
    Been lurking around a bit for a few years now and just recently have made the mental commitment to finally get serious and start down the Ferrari purchase process. I am in no hurry, so I am giving myself ~ a year or so to get everything lined up and a car found - I'm an engineer so everything needs to be done "decently & in order":)

I'm in my mid 50's and like many others first fell in love with the car/brand in high school after reading Road & Track in 1977.

I have narrowed the car models down to either a 308 QV or 328. Love the lines and reliability that those cars seem to have. Feel free to add anyone's opinion on those or other cars if you see fit.

Been enjoying reading everyone's comments and am learning a lot. I'll keep y'all informed once I pull the trigger.

Ciao

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good choices, welcome & enjoy.

Keith Brown likes this.
  3. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    I have had a 328 for 18 years now and started learning all about them and the 308 QV for a few years before that. I was told that the extra cost of a 328 over a 308 QV was worth it. But if you like the looks of the 308 QV better, go with that. They are both better than the earlier 308s, except maybe for the carbureted ones.

I have enjoyed my car so much and they are reliable. Take your time and drive several and find a good one, like one where the AC works well. They are getting old now so more things may break but this site is excellent for diagnosing them and trying to figure it out yourself. In fact, I got my car off the truck and the lights on my car would not pop up but this site helped me take apart the switch and resolder the wire. It happened again 15 years later and I fixed it the same way. Good luck

Keith Brown likes this.