430 - new tires | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 new tires

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dbops618, Dec 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Agreed. Here is a link to the Tire Rack offering:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?message=singleSize&tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+4S&frontWidth=225%2F&frontRatio=35&frontDiameter=19&rearWidth=285%2F&rearRatio=35&rearDiameter=19&autoMake=Ferrari&autoYear=2007&autoModel=F430+Coupe&autoModClar=&minLoadRating=S&minSpeedRating=Z&cameFrom=selectOE&frontTire=235YR9PS4SXL&rearTire=835YR9PS4SXLV2

Reasonably priced too ...

Ray

2. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    After reading this thread, I checked the date code of the Bridgestone Potenza on my 16M. Manufacture Code was 23rd week 2015.

A week earlier I took a drive to the wine country and noticed some rigidity and vibration around the front suspension and dash when going over road cracks. I thought it was normal. Im always impressed with how good the 16M runs on a open road.

I started thinking. I've only tracked the 16M once. It is a Spider. Most think the Spider really isn't a track car. Rigidity bla. Historically most Ferrari race cars were open. With the top down daydreaming, one can imagine Jose Froilan Gonzalez, Ascari or Schumacher in the open wind while on the track.

Maybe I should put a road driving tire on the car for more of a GT experience which is my typical use. Safer then day dreaming on the track.

So after a little research, I decided on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Did a little test to confirm I was'nt needlessly spending on tires and predict road comfort.
    I did a flex text when the 2015 Bridestones were off the rim and next to the new PS4S.. The six year old Bridgestone took about 20 lbs to flex 1 inch by pushing from the top. The new PS4S easily flexed. The Bridgestones were hardened.

Surprising how hard rubber can get over time.

Now the 16m is like a new car. Quite over cracks and pot holes. Noticeable less rattles. Smooth, nice grip and flex on turns.

vr4henry likes this.
  3. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #28 Flea7, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    When it come to just performance, with temperature, the Cup2s are far better than the 4s .......then there is the trofeo r's.
    But if you're looking for comfort...then, neither the cup2 or trofeo r is for you. One thing is for sure ..they don't last very long when they are used the way they are meant to be used and they are pricey.