New to me 2013 FF | FerrariChat

New to me 2013 FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by baguns, Mar 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Really want to thank the Fchat community for all the great information, experience, opinions and debates regarding the FF that have made me feel good about my new purchase.

When I first saw this car (driving around a Land Rover dealership years ago) I wasn’t too impressed. As with most uneducated car folks, I associated Ferrari with F1 and mid engine V8 sports cars. I didn’t even really appreciate their front engine v12 coupes. So my first f car was a 430 scuderia (of course). As life happens and my wife and I had our first (and only) baby, I found myself driving the scud around the block every weekend just to stretch its legs. It’s an exciting 10 minutes of 4 right turns, but it just became almost like a chore.

The FF just seemed to make more and more sense. My daughter is 3 now and I figured let’s make life more interesting with a car the family can enjoy and daily drive a Ferrari!

I’m in Southern California, but found a great car at Ferrari ft Lauderdale. 2013 with almost 22k miles, but highly optioned car (rear dvd, diamond stitching, carbon fiber driving zone, door sills, door handles, front lifter, upgraded wheels, etc). I actually preferred the higher miles for the trade off on the lower price (miles really depress the value as everyone knows but if you’re not scared of the miles great deals can be had) and knowing that the car has been driven and most of the kinks worked out.

Thanks to the fchat community, got a referral to Hank at Ferrari ft Lauderdale. I called him last Sunday and six days later (with several calls and emails in between) we worked out a deal. That dealership is a treat to visit. They’re the largest f car dealer on the world and they’ve got A LOT of inventory.

Hank is very knowledgeable and passionate about the brand. He did a good job answering my questions (and I had many). I got some good referrals to some Florida independents that helped me understand the car and what to look for. My local mechanic is also familiar with the FF since he owned one and helped me review the car and its history. The car was CPO and was eligible for 2 year extended warranty, which gave me some peace of mind as well.

The car will be shipped out to me soon and I can’t wait!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats!!! You'll love it! Very similar to the one I have.

3. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks! This will probably be the longest several days of my life waiting for the car to arrive lol.

4. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Gorgeous color combo! Great options! Love the darker wheels. Best of luck

5. KenJ

KenJ Rookie

Nov 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    KJ
    Is that the one with the Cuoio Toscano interior??? If so congrats, gorgeous ... it was on my short-list. Do you mind if I ask how you did vs. their asking price (ballpark)?

6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    So you’re the guy who beat me to the CdF FF...happy to see it go to a former member of the wolf pack (I still have my scud after 10yrs).

7. KenJ

KenJ Rookie

Nov 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    KJ
    LOL. Hank just emailed me. Yep, you beat me to it :) beautiful spec ENJOY IT!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I still have my scud - that car isn’t going anywhere (except maybe continue driving around the block :)

freshmeat likes this.
  9. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Car was loaded and looked awesome in person. I wouldn’t say perfect because you’re always going to find a little something here and there with a 20k+ mile car (based on the pic, I think the previous owner wore nice heavy watches)

In regards to price - I’ve been looking/researching for a couple months, and looked and test drove a few, so I felt prepared to pull the trigger when the right car at the right price came along and let’s just say this fit the bill.

With that being said, I know there’s a huge thread on here regarding FF values and lots of good info (and interesting debates and commentary). We all see the asking prices, but it’s really hard to know where the cars are transacting at. Like many have said with Ferrari’s in general - properly speced cars move and pull the trigger when the right car comes along.

I think FFL priced it well so it sold quickly (and seemed to have a decent amount of interest).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Awesome. Do you have pics of yours?

11. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Thanks. Only thing I would have liked to have was yellow calipers that would have complemented the shields a little, but I’m very happy with everything this car had.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats and I wish you good luck with it. I love the color combination.

13. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  14. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I should have read your thread first!

Great buy, I think you got one hell of a deal with the miles. Was it CPO and if it was did you get the extended warranty? How has it been as a DD?

15. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It was CPO but only one year of extended warranty. I've put on about 3000 miles so far and it's been great. Still get tingly every time I get in it.

Only a couple things, the battery died a couple months ago, the car is pretty much crippled with a dead battery. I suggest everyone replace the battery if it's 2-3 years old. And the radio amp froze once. Just need to power down and reset the system and all was good.

Otherwise great car. You'll enjoy yours.

16. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Congrats! Nice color combo! What's that meter that shows 13.5 on the paint?

17. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Paint thickness to determine if it's been repainted (or if uninformed, a clear bra)

otakki likes this.
  18. Sonicsound

Sonicsound Karting

May 14, 2017
    Congratulations on the 13 FF CdF it’s beautiful! Your going to love the sweet sounds of a Ferrari V12. The FF has pretty good sound proofing and you may find yourself driving with the windows down. I came into ownership of my 13 CdF one year ago this month. Mine has a different interior spec. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

19. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I did notice how thick the glass was on the car, and it sounds completely different from inside the car vs standing outside.

Love your interior. That diamond stitching looks great with your gray interior.

I’ll post more pics when I finally get the car.

20. 'Trust'

'Trust' Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 31, 2012
    Congrats, looks wicked. I just bought a grey Lusso from Hank as well. Should be here Sunday, looking forward to it!

21. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Is this your car? I was metering this Lusso to get an idea on what the paint thickness should be. Beautiful Lusso! Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. 'Trust'

'Trust' Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 31, 2012
    Yessir! Ha. Should be here in about 4 hours. Excited to drive it

23. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Congrats!!!

Saw that hank posted a video on Instagram with spring breakers in the store checking out the cars. I think your Lusso got a lot of attention lol

24. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Congrats! I was looking at the same car. The included 2yr CPO made it very enticing.

25. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    I finally got the car this morning (seemed like it's been ages since I was at FFL). It's raining here in SoCal today, and I loved driving the car in the rain. Such an easy GT, plenty of power, and so understated (no one know what it is or cares). I'll post some pics later, but I had a lot of expectations for this FF and so far so good. Can't wait to drive home!