New to me F12! | FerrariChat

New to me F12!

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by kmy, Dec 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Itzkirb, VColin, Caeruleus11 and 10 others like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Gorgeous ! Caingrats !! The F12 is a modern classic.

3. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Very nice! Congratulations and best of luck with this sweet new ride. If you get a chance, please send an audio clip of the exhaust sound. The IPE wheels and spoiler look tasteful.

4. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Gorgeous car....congratulations. I keep going back and forth on getting out of my 458 for a F12.

Avia11 likes this.
  5. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Awesome! Nice combo of 720S and F12. Couldn't be better.

6. turboslut

turboslut Karting

May 31, 2016
    Congrats...enjoy in great health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Beautiful car, now you need to get a real drivers car a 911 to fit next to those 2 beautiful pieces of art.

8. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Thanks guys. I’m just getting acquainted with the f12 but am really impressed so far. I’ve got a CS that I adore but that’s the only other Ferrari I’ve experienced. A lot has changed in 10 years.

Have been a Porsche guy for years but have started to branch out recently. The 720s is insane.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and 4re308 like this.
  9. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    Let us know how you enjoy the F12 vs the 720. People always tell me the 720 is faster, but what's it like to live with and drive in comparison?

10. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

Same here, Always & forever Porsche but just dipping my toes into ferrari life with a 360 Modena.

11. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I'm also in the market for an F12...So, what's the verdict?

And great looking car!

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  13. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    I'm not sure either of these qualify as a "drivers car" in the purest sense but they are 911's!

The 991 gets daily duties and the RUF is hands down the best car i've ever owned. Need to add a gt3 at some point!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    I'm not sure I have a verdict yet, but in the first 100 miles I'm really impressed. This car replaced an LP640, so it feels thoroughly modern in every aspect compared to that car! It doesn't have the outright performance of the 720s (but it's still insanely fast!) or the exotic looks of the LP, but it is an unbelievable car. I absolutely love it so far. it's comfortable, faster than one can reasonably use on the streets and the sound with the iPE exhaust is pure theater. It will be getting more seat time than the 720s. At current prices I would definitely recommend trying it. For me I love the look of the car. It's more subdued and understated, but has a presence that few mid-engine exotics can match!

Caeruleus11, ChipG and of2worlds like this.
  15. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Oh my GOODNESS! Man you are a heavy weight! God bless. These 911's are absolute beauties.

kenwidmerpool, kmy and of2worlds like this.
  16. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    I got out of my 458 for an F12 ... never looking back! Enjoyed every minute in the 458, but the F12 is just another beast altogether. Do it!
    My friends who drove both my 458 and F12 have collectively replied "I can't think of a reason I wish I were driving the 458 instead"

Pazzo009 likes this.
  17. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Does this F12 have blue leather and suede interior plus loaded of carbon fiber? If so, I sold the car to the owner that you bought from. One of the best spec'ed F12 I have ever seen. Enjoy in good health!

18. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Holy cow nice rigs you have there!!

A lot of enthusiasts have interest in the F12 as right now it represents quite decent value. Keep us posted on your impressions and enjoy in good health!

kmy likes this.
  19. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Hey man. Yep you have it right! The interior helped seal the deal for me. it's incredible. Sport seats and suede and yes, a ton of carbon fiber. The blue looks black most of the time, but when it hits the light just right you can see the hint of dark blue. I absolutely love it!

20. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
  21. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Ahhhh Man...This is going to tear me up. LOL.

So it's still THAT much better besides having a V12 sound and an armrest?

22. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking rides wow

23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! F12 one of the best!

kenwidmerpool likes this.
  24. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Thanks guys for all the comments and Ricky for spec'ing such a great car. I love it!

Ok, so i've had a number of inquires about how the F12 compares to the 720. The McLaren is absolutely insane in the performance department. It's as fast and capable as all the reviews and drag races suggest. 918/P1 straight line performance. McLaren has really moved the goalposts in a significant way with this car. The crazy thing is it absolutely could serve daily duties. It's ride is smoother than my 991tts. The visibility is unlike anything I've experienced in an exotic car. The steering is light and the car feels compact and nimble . I have no doubt it will outrun an F12 in a straight line and around a circuit as well. My stage 4 TTS which is pushing 800hp and tons of torque would be a close race, but I honest think the stock 720 is quicker. Most dyno's peg the McLaren closer to 800hp than the claimed 720. Lastly the looks are definitely growing on me as well. The biggest downside in my view is that it's on the quiet side, even with the sport exhaust which I have. It also lacks a bit of that "supercar" experience given how refined it is and it's a twin turbo so lacks the throttle feel of a normally aspirated car.

The F12 on the other hand sounds incredible especially when you're up in the rev range. The iPE exhaust only adds to the drama. I really love the looks of the F12 as well. It's more subtle and understated but some of the aftermarket mods help in that department. It's a proper front engine GT ferrari with supercar performance (even if it's down from the 720, it's still insanely fast). The car feels big behind the wheel and the hood feels like it goes on forever relative to the short nosed 720, but again given that it was designed to be a GT car it handles incredibly well. I feel like I could drive both cars on long trips without fatigue.

The purest driving experience for me is the CS. I've had that car for 6 years and like the RUF, will hopefully never be sold.

But that's a whole separate thread of it's own.

Hope that helps!!

Kevin

VColin, Thecadster and ChipG like this.
  25. kmy

kmy Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    San Francisco