New (to me)Testarossa in Italy | FerrariChat

New (to me)Testarossa in Italy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Testerosse, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testerosse

Testerosse Rookie

Nov 3, 2017
    Italy or Germany
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Ciao Ragazzi,

about a year ago, in anticipation to me moving to Italy, I bought a Testarossa; 1989 US specs, 40k miles.

Since the car turned out to be slightly wider that the normal Italian Fiat 500, I took me a bit to find a house with a garage large enough to accommodate the car.

I’m in the mid 30’s, not married, no kids, born and raised in Germany, lived a couple of years in the US, now found my way to the land of good food and good cars.

Although I would consider myself a car enthusiast and up to now love working on cars myself I will find myself in need to ask some questions along the way.

I have been a reader of ferrarichat for quite a while but did not actively participate.

Thought about starting a new discussions on timing belts, engine oil and future price trends. If this doesn’t do it, I will resurface the Turbotestarossa thread ;)

I hereby pledge allegiance to the search function and will try my best to be helpful and of value to others as much as my capabilities allow.

Thank you for being such a valuable forum!

Arrivederci

DW68, Xtreme5053 and turbo-joe like this.
  2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You are off to a good start.

Testerosse likes this.
  3. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    You’ll need to post pics because I am very interested to see how that wide testarossa makes it on some of those single lane roads that tickle the buildings set on them. Just went to Italy last year and it was amazing. Always wondered how folks drove the newer wider cars there as everything is slim and slow.

4. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    :)
    Good point. I hope you were successful and always have access to all the good restaurants hidden in the small streets.

Testerosse likes this.
  5. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    The TR was wide when it came out, not any more.
    488GTB Width 1,952 mm (76.9 in)
    TR Width 1,976 mm (77.8 in)[