New Top Gear | Page 6 | FerrariChat

New Top Gear

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Igor Ound, Dec 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    +1 on all

3. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Seriously. Does that child-author from GQ even shave yet?

PS and he's their "political correspondent". WTF?

4. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    They are Harry Metcalf's cars. The Countach is real and i think the one he uses on his youtube site.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #130 TheMayor, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Yes it's a step up. But these guys seem like they are reading cue cards trying to be "human". Too scripted. For example, Matt calling Chris Evans "the little guy". They are about the same height. Its obviously something made up by the writers to get in some of the digs against one another that the original three had.

Last year was a disaster for sure. This year... would you really care if any of these 3 guys left the show? I don't think so.

That's the real test.

The best thing to me is that I respect Chris Evans driving skills. Can Lablanc actually drive? And what's Rory's point? Green advocate?

6. tifosi308

tifosi308 Karting

Jul 1, 2005
    Midwest
    Europe is fanatical about political correctness, which is one of the reasons they absolutely loathed Clarkson so much and wanted to see Top Gear as it was off the air.

Agree about Edd China, he's a quirky guy who stands out. With alpha Leblanc now stepping in as the lead personality the show has improved, but is still just a shadow of its former self. The other three are OK but there were better choices. Overall, it's entertaining enough and I'm happy to have it but won't be cumming buckets when a new episode airs like the golden days.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Chris Harris you mean. But yes I agree with most of this however it's still a massive step up. Super early original Top Gear was a little awkward as well. Chemistry is impossible to manufacture though and the original three have it in spades.

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So true and this needs to end everywhere.

9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I like the new season quite alot.

OTOH, I find the Grand Tour excrutiating to watch, so I gave up on it.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Dont give up on gt yet. Remember that last year tg was awful too. Pretty good now. I would give the 3 original amigos one more chance.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ooops! I stand corrected.

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Harris is terrific driver and car journo but why are they trying to turn him into the tg old curmugon? Taking stigs place as celeb instructor and always yelling at them is not fun or funny. Bring back stig in that role and stop trying to make ch something hes never shown himself to be.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I thought today's episode visiting Cuba was pretty entertaining...I'd love to go there someday. The Mercedes AMG GTR was surprisingly quick and that bad looking in green.

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Fantastic season finale today. Eddie Jordan is hilarious. His interview with Bernie was great as was the bit at the end.