NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 106 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimmyChooToo

JimmyChooToo Karting

Aug 7, 2017
    I really hope those aren’t Chevy Camaro taillights. Hard to tell from the leaked photo. If so, they really need Pinanfarina.

MassAppeal likes this.
  2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Unless this car really is a step change improvement in design language, then I only have one thing to say; bring back Pininfarina!

MassAppeal likes this.
  3. HyperMac954

HyperMac954 Karting

Jul 2, 2012
    So what time is the public announcement??

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    here you are Pininfarina… :)

(nobody is perfect…)

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, F2003-GA, of2worlds and 6 others like this.
  5. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Pininfarina still have to work within the design brief. Also sadly didn’t think much of the designs they offered up for the LaFerrari. Sadly can’t see them working together anytime soon. I also think someone damaged the relationship and it wasn’t Ferrari or Pininfarina.

of2worlds and MassAppeal like this.
  6. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    I don't like the reference to the current F1 car and I'm not talking about its lack of performance or the really stretched connection between the two cars.
    In six months the SF90 singleseater will be an obsolete car (regardless of its winning score) but the Stradale will still carry its name for some years, so it will sound "strange".

That said, I care little about the name, since the most important things are the design, technology and performance.

F140C, kandi and jpalmito like this.
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    after Laferrari name choice, in my opinion every new Ferrari model name will appear as a great name… ;)

ciao

8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Indeed , Laferrari is the most stupid name in all Ferrari road car history .

9. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #2634 kandi, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  10. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Says a friend that's there but he and some people knew the name from a long time ago. There are customers and CUSTOMERS.

of2worlds and Garretto like this.
  11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #2637 Albert-LP, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    1) I was joking: I have put the smile emoticons in my post just for showing it was a joke. Pininfarina designers did the most beautiful Ferrari ever, we all know that (Also the worst, like Mondial 8, 365 GTC4, 365/400/412).

2) paint the new Ferrari in silver and it will look (in the side view) not too much different from Pininfarina Battista, that is an excellent looking car (all this in my opinion). If you like one of the two, you will like the other too (my personal opinion)

3) maybe better waiting until this evening before judging this new car design: I didn't see the car yet, like everyone here

ciao

PS
    In my opinion the Battista has an "heavy" tail: I prefer the new Ferrari one, but just up this moment: I repeat, maybe better waiting for the full pictures set

F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  12. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Yes, I'm still hoping for a nice charismatic design by Ferrari. (But not revolutionary ... seeing that leaked picture)

Cheers,

Albert-LP likes this.
  13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    REALZEUS and j09333 like this.
  14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    It must be old age but one of the aspects of this car I am interested in is the amount of luggage space.
    One of the great virtues of the front engined V12s is that they are relatively practical.
    Accommodating a set of golf clubs should have been in the design brief if car is aimed at 812 owners.

15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    we here need a dislike button...

stavura, kes7u, italiafan and 3 others like this.
  16. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    For a car that is supposed to bend the rules in terms of road speeds, "luggage space" shares it's level of importance with "cup holders"!

17. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Its not aimed at 812 owners. Its just replacing the 812 as the flagship for non limited models. Both formats have there Pros and Cons like anything in life.

tekaefixe and Albert-LP like this.
  18. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    now play nice its a new world remember we are all meant to be nice and happy lmao

Albert-LP likes this.
  19. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Except Ferrari prioritised 812 owners in the invitee list to the launch party.

Look I couldn't care less that my forthcoming Pista can't carry luggage (I don't even put radios in Special Series cars) and I don't really care if this does or not but I am interested in where Ferrari are positioning it.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    There is no issue understanding the positioning. This car is a new segment. Above 812 and below LaFerrari. It’s a new segment that all the major manufacturers are actively going after. McLaren, Aston, Porsche, Ferrari. All of them. Plus a whole range of smaller manufacturers too. Exciting times!

F2003-GA likes this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Porsche ?

tekaefixe likes this.
  22. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Could only suggust that because they are the current flagship owners so best to respect them and offer them the new flagship.

23. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Lamborghini has been in that segment for a long time with their Aventador. It's just about time that Ferrari creates something like this. Been a big whole in their line up that's finally being filled in. And now is a great opportunity to do so, as downsising is the thing and the next gen entry leven mid engined V8 will be replaced by V6tt.

As many know, the price will be around 550.000 euros. Makes it a spot on Aventador competitor. And I'm sure more manafacturers will come with similar cars in this class.

Albert-LP likes this.
  24. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    this BB car will have impact on sale numbers of F8 and some Mclaren cars, but will not hurt much Lambo and 812