New Veneno concept | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New Veneno concept

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by ryalex, Mar 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

LOLLLLLLLL

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    All 3 pieces at 4.5 Million. Yes, there's enough Oil Barons out there who would want one.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #53 ryalex, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey hey, now, we need to encourage his kind of crazy. That was a dead Urraco to begin with, and his project is awesome.

BTW I did this Pshop years ago. Prophetic of the design trends?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat

LMAO You should take that act on the road. LOLOLOL

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    nice!! :)

6. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #56 CK7684, Mar 5, 2013
  7. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    I love it and I own two lambos myself. It works as a 3 off, it wouldn't work as a 100+ production car. Its an obvious reflection of the Diablo/LP640/Aventador and it is crazy, just as a lambo is supposed to be. Congrats to lambo for making it.

If you hate it you are likely either 1) not a lambo owner 2) too old or 3) are jellus you can't afford

haha :)

8. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    lol banned? I wonder who's doing the banning? hahahaha

9. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    It's strange how cars in yesteryears were drawn on paper & sculpted by hands without CAD/windtunnel yet they look beautiful, do the speed & you'd want one.

These days, we have all the technology and cars look like this....

10. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    agreed

11. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    well said and agreed...imo this car looks amazing! i commend lamborghini for haveing the courage and foresight to design and produce a vehicle with a 3.9m price tag and an out of the stratosphere look....and sell all three!!! imo the ferrari is rather feminine (no disrespect to women) and the veneno screams the masculine raging bull that a hyper sports car should be.

newsday had an article today about antoine dominic being one of the three very lucky people in the world that will own this part of automotive history. bravo to lamborghini long island!!!!

12. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hmmm. 1.) I'm not a lambo owner. 2.) I'm 38, so maybe too old? 3.) If I were jealous that I couldnt afford it, I wouldn't like ANY Lamborghini. Seems the whole point of this car is shock value. To me it just looks awkward & confusing. Not very attractive to me at all, however, I find that I really really want to see it up close & in person! I don't care much for the Reventon either, but I do like the Aventador.

13. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    I would love for someone to photoshop all the frills out so we can see the
    basic shape.

My point is that if you placed all those frills on a Countach, it would lose it's
    beauty and class.

Just take off the Mad Max stuff, that's all.

14. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Lambo really? The roots of Lamborghini are CLASSIC EXTREME not "race" extreme. This looks to be a track car in street mode in my humble opinion. If you want to diss people alright but your points are off base, liking this art car has nothing to do with age, money or if you own a lambo or not. This is not classic Lamborghini in my opinion and we know what they say about opinions. It is an Art car in a short run, not everyone likes all art that is why art is called subjective. This work of art, I do not care for it at all, but why attack those who do not like your taste in art?

I own a Urraco taken to extreme you may hate it or like it but not because you own a lambo are jealous or of a given age. I own a 599GTB and a stable of other cars, I grew up with a Espada and a 500+HP Mangusta that Dan Gurney worked on in our driveway all works of art in some fashion. So why not say its subjective and you like it for the artistic expression and talent it displays.

As for the car I hate the look, I love the exercise, the technology to produce it. I 100% respect it but HATE the LOOKS.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Here's the start up sequence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBe3QzVW5_8]Leaving the Batcave - YouTube[/ame]

16. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I don't think it's particularly attractive, but I like it nonetheless.

When I look at features like the vertical fin, I think the mindset is "F... it, let's give it a shot and see if it works". Kind of forward thinking if you ask me.

I see the design as disproportionate in eye flow in the same way I do the FXX and MC12...but I hear much less moaning about those cars, just a general sense of "all new cars seem to be crap" idealism. Do I think it'll be a track monster? Yep. I'd love to see it annihilate the Top Gear board. If I were rich enough, I'd donate it for some laps!!

I'm sure there has always been a lot of frustration and so on when designs go from stage to stage (look at a Model T compared to a new car). Evolution of design doesn't make the old inherently more beautiful, nor the new inherently ugly. It's always in the eye of the beholder, of course, but things tend to grow on you over time.

17. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #67 joe sackey, Mar 7, 2013
    Sometimes all you need are a set of decent images and you get the idea.

Although nothing beats seeing it in person!

Personally, I think Lamborghini hit the ball out of the park.

Change happens with the passing of time, and Lamborghini's theme has changed. These days, their theme has evolved to be stunning & striking as opposed to elegant & stylish. In that regard the Veneno scores. Pretty? No, but they weren't aiming for that.

I don't think anyone needs to worry that this extreme car will come to symbolize the brand, because its a very limited production Speciale built during the 50th year of the company's existence as a promotion exercise to heighten the brand & captivate attention.

I think it succeeded in very aspect, even with the price point. As a Lamborghini enthusiast, whats not to love about a $4.5 million Lamborghini? I dare say one of my clients has that many reasons to love it.

An epic extreme sports car which can actually be used on the track as well as the road to the delight of everyone who sees it.

18. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    "but things tend to grow on you over time" Like cancer, warts, bad breath and fungus.

On a track OH yeah I can see that! Would love to see this on a track! But race tracks are 100% not where Lamborghini himself wanted to be. That said its time to take the Bull to the track not the track to the Bull as it is in this case.

19. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    LOL, I don't disagree.

Ferruccio didn't want a Miura or Countach, either...

However, as in many businesses, this in particular, evolve or die.

Would a black and white slient movie sell tickets like a new Batman movie?

Do computers or TVs use big tubes anymore?

Do trains run on steam anymore?

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142151738-post49.html

As someone who is re-designing a Lamborghini to suit your own personal wishes, one would have thought your subjective viewpoint of the Automobili Lamborghini's own offering would be rather less harsh. Having said that, I'm you'll not take offense if sentiments towards your car are similarly pointed, so perhaps all is good.

I agree with you, it'll not only look good & perform well on the track, but, the Veneno sounds like the proverbial 'One Thousand Howling Hounds from Hell', so it'll be pretty entertaining too.

I think we all need to move on from Ferruccio Lamborghini's own specific rationale for keeping his 60s & 70s car company one for the road only. Miuras & Countachs are not track cars. But, today's generation of Lamborghinis have a different theme and a different direction, and we should welcome Lamborghinis of the present & future being built as cars intended for both road & track.

21. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Yes, pretty much! Did you see my #66 or are we just thinking similarly yet independently?

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually I was eating lunch whilst composing so it took a while and I didn't see it, so all I can say is we think alike!

23. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The more I look at it, the more I "get" it. It does look very wicked & sinister.

24. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Excellent photos,thanks!

25. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think Ferruccio, when asked his opinion about the Diablo, said he would build only cars like this...& didn't he own a Countach? (sorry, replying to more then one post) Also, I think with the extreme performance these cars have now, more of them are being used on the track.
    I don't mind this car being so extreme, I just don't find it attractive. I'd still love to have a chance to see it in person...especially blasting around a track!