New videos of 720s crushing everything! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New videos of 720s crushing everything!

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by gtjoey, Sep 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This one lost, rather surrendered, to a Charger Pursuit ;)

2. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    He just picked it up with a temp insurance, he didn't realise he had 5 th 6th and 7th!
    HAAAAAAAAAA
    155 IS 4TH GEAR!

3. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes he went from ~ 100 - 155 mph real fast right when she turned on the sirens. No way a police Charger or even a helicopter would catch a 720S if he made a run for it and try out the top speed. McLaren says its 212 mph but suspect it is higher, like all the other performance figures they lied about :cool:

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And he gets a DUI to go with the speeding and reckless driving! What an idiot.
    I noticed the cop called the car a "white Ferrari" when she was on the radio.

5. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Cop was awesome. Polite, drove well, not a one person SWAT team.

Driver needs to be walking, and man card revoked. 155. Thing pulls so hard I have issues lifting at 160. And 3 drinks. WTF is Darwin?

6. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Mischievous feller played along properly, too, after three orange whips and a tach run.

7. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
  8. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Crankin'!

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow, where was this done?

10. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    ATCO raceway in NJ. Noted at top of pic.

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks, was this your car?

12. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    My buddy Don Carson was next to you all day with his Cobra mustang or lightning truck, did you see him?
    He said your car was unreal!
    He has everything else as well.
    gtjoey1314

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Not my car. I'm in TX. Brooks from Dragtimes posted this, guy in NJ I don't know, Lorenzo M.
    Brooks is in FL, he runs most the Dragtimes videos here. But a few guys out there running quarters.
    I'm a COTA guy when I'm well.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I read through the thread. The guy broke into the 9.7’s multiple times. Ran a 9.733 at 146.7. That’s ridiculous. I’m assuming his 0-60 mph time was 2.3/2.4. How on earth with non-corsa tires does a rwd car pull that off!??

Seeing a vbox from that run would be interesting.

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Electronics. 720 does NOT have lim slip diff.

16. enzom

enzom Rookie

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey - I'm the owner/driver. I swapped the non-corsa tires for corsas about a month after I got the car. Don't have any runs on non-corsa tires to compare, but the ride on corsa tires is MUCH stiffer because of the sidewall. I'm not sure that you are going to get much sidewall flex with these low profile tires anyway, but there is no flex in the corsas. Great for road racing; not so great for the dragstrip. I used tire warmers to get the rear tread hot, and the Atco prep was great as usual. Shocked with a 1.56 60' time, but I had three 1.5x 60' times. Track was hooking.

17. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The 720S is supposed to be a sports car. The Lamborghini Huracan Performante edged it out on the track,and the Mercedes-AMG GT R easily outran it despite much less power and over 500 pounds more weight.

18. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    From the pcoty article: "Our 720S tester came with P Zero Corsa tires, which simply don’t have the grip of the P Zero Trofeos, Goodyear F1 Supercars, or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires fitted to the other supercar-level contenders."

I'll agree though, these are all sports cars, and a tenth here or there on the drag strip is superfluous. But...that is the only real quantifiable data that is easy available that people can get worked up about.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What’s up man. Welcome to the board. Your 720S is beautiful. Do you have the comfort or performance spec?

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    BTW, here is slips Enzom posted on Mclaren Life (hopefully he doesn't mind me posting it). Craziest part to me is his run to the far right. He did 1/8 mile in 6.359s at 119.42 MPH!! That's sub 6.5 seconds to 120 mph which means ~ 6.8 seconds to 200 kph which is 1 entire second quicker than Mclaren claimed and also the same as the P1's claim from Mclaren. That's a big deal. This car is another level in a straight line.

Attached Files:

21. enzom

enzom Rookie

Oct 24, 2004
    Thanks - been a lurker here for a long time. My car is the luxury spec launch edition, but I had the dealer add the sport exhaust and Corsa tires.