New Year’s Eve Advice for Montreal | FerrariChat

New Year’s Eve Advice for Montreal

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Nospinzone, Nov 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    We’ve spent two Christmases in Old Quebec City, the last one being in 2018. Now that we can get into the country, we are spending this Christmas (Dec. 23 to 27) at our favorite boutique hotel in the old city. We were going to head back to the US on the 28th, but we don’t really have plans for New Year’s Eve.

So we thought maybe we would drive to Montreal and spend New Year’s Eve there. We spent New Year’s there in 1994, the coldest New Year’s we’ve ever experienced. The last time we were there in the summer of 2016 or 2017, we stayed at Hotel Le Crystal. We liked the hotel and the location, plus the valet let me drive my 612 down to the basement level where I could wash my car since we had driven from Toronto.

I don’t have an attachment to this hotel. We would like a hotel with safe self-parking (we’ll be taking our FF up) and centrally located so we could walk everywhere, or at least most places.

Also, what do we do on New Year’s Eve? I went to several sites such as MontrealX.com and Montreal Nightlife, but I have no idea which of those events/places would be suitable for us (we’re 70 so not looking for a disco )

We're not positive we will do this as we could stay in Quebec City or come home, but I'd like to see what our options are. I’m open to any suggestions/recommendations.

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Paul, I'm not sure if you booked anything at the moment.
    Bad hotels or restaurants are hard to come by in Montreal. :D
    However, wanting a quiet party on New Year`s eve in Montreal might be a tall order.
    Some hotels might offer some late night dining to ring in the New year`s
    One option is to check with your hotel's concierge as he might be in a better position to point you in the right direction.

Trip Advisor or Expedia.ca might be good resources to use in your search.

Good luck with it.

Nospinzone likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks Bernie! I haven't done anything yet for plans. When we were there in 1994 the hotel had their own party. So it was nice because at the end of the evening you just took the elevator to your room. I think I'll explore what any hotels are offering for in-house parties.

bernardo66 likes this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Change of plans, we are going to come back home on the 27th. We don't ski any more and there wouldn't be a lot we would do for the 6 to 7 days we would be there. We are going to the FCA Annual Experience in July, so we will plan to spend extra days in Montreal either before or after the event. There would be more for us to see and do in the summer.

bernardo66 likes this.
  5. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Look out for the awards chairman during the FCA Nationals. :D

tantumaude likes this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran