F8 - Newbie - 1st potential F8 Purchase help! | FerrariChat

F8 Newbie - 1st potential F8 Purchase help!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fays23, May 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man
    Hi everyone,

I have been an avid reader for quite some time and now have decided to purchase a preowned 2020 F8. I can’t contain the excitement!

This will be my first Ferrari and I really would like so’e help in choosing the right car from the well experienced amongst you.

I have two cars listed below, the key difference being one is Corsa with Suspension lifter and the other is Scuderia without front lift.

Car 1
    • scuderia Ferrari' Shields
    • 1-year Subscrip. Antitheft Svr
    • Afs System
    • Carb.Fib.Steering Wheel + LEDs
    • Carbon Fibre Central Bridge
    • Carbon Fibre Racing Seats
    • Coloured Standard Stitching
    • Front and Rear Parking Sensors
    • Parking Camera
    • Passenger Display
    • Premium Hifi System
    • Suspension Lifter
    • Yellow Brake Calipers
    • Yellow Rev. Counter

Car 2
    Atelier Car, Finished in Rosso Scuderia, Nero Leather Interior with Speciale Rosso Stitch, Nero Carpets, Carbon Fibre Dashboard Inserts, Carbon Fibre Driver Zone and LEDs, Red Ring On Dashboard Vents, Horse Stitched On Headrest, Full Electric Seats, Yellow Rev. Counter, Rear Parking Camera, Front Parking Sensors, Bonnet S-Duct In Carbon Fibre, Front Side Spoilers Carbon Fibre, Front Bumper Insert Carbon Fibre, Rear Diffuser In Carbon Fibre, Carbon Fibre Wheels Cup, Engine Covers In Carbon Fibre, Sport Exhaust Pipes, Bonnet Upper Insert Black Matt, Forged Wheels Grigio Corsa Mat, Rosso Scuderia Brake Calipers, Titanium Wheel Bolts, 'Scuderia Ferrari' Shields,

I personally went out to look for a Corsa with Front Lift which is my preference that I’ve found. The only issue is the other car in Scuderia without Front Lift has a hefty amount of carbon bits.

Do you see the dilemma? I feel the Scuderia car is worth more but the Corsa is worth more to me because it has the 2 most important things that I wanted (Corsa and Front Lift).

Am I doing the right thing by getting the Corsa? Or should I be looking at the other car as the prices of both cars are the same.

Also how comfortable are these cars? The roads up here in Manchester (UK) are Ridiculous! I found the Huracan to be very harsh.

As you can tell I’m really confused so some help in terms of resale value will be really appreciated. Resale value is incredibly important to me.

2. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    car #1

All you need!

Art138, Fays23 and Chizz like this.
  3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    It would be nice to know the interior colors. I always thought corsa goes better with tan and scuderia goes better with black. All things equal I would go with car number 1 because I like corsa better but that's all personal preference. Hard to go wrong here.

Fays23 likes this.
  4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    As qell as the interior color the price difference would be of interest - if the carbon has already been discounted car 2 wins - over the years however the premium will decline

Fays23 likes this.
  5. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    From the little I've seen the extra carbon bits won't move the needle a ton on resale value. I say it's like buying a house: make your decision based on the things that are hard to change (like the floorplan or in a car, the paint color or expensive options like the lifter), since you can always do the easy stuff (house paint colors or swapping out carbon trim pieces) for yourself later.

Fays23 likes this.
  6. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think you answered your own question. It’s the corsa car with the options you want.

You can always accessorize with carbon later.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF, Fays23 and Chizz like this.
  7. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think you answered your own question. It’s the corsa car with the options you want.

You can always accessorize with carbon later.

Good luck!

GT2goneF and Chizz like this.
  8. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Ditch the F8 and get a Speciale

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  9. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Magnaride suspension is incredible, both my Ferrari's ride better than any other performance car I've owned ....and by a huge margin.

Resale on an F8 in the UK is tricky. Many got flipped, meaning quite a few up for sale, plus dealers with cancelled orders. The supercar market is pretty strong, but you can feel a little caution with the F8. Look at 488 pricing trends, as short term they'll track pretty close IMO.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Car 2. Scuderia goes very well with nero interior.

And as many confirm; you don't need the front lift.

MorgsAU likes this.
  11. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Car 2 wins with the color and added value to me would be the CF. I do not use my lifter in the Pista.

12. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    I’m UK based too. There are F8’s out there. Why not keep searching until you find the right car. If it’s strictly out of these two ask yourself how you would feel if you took the scud car and caught the carbon on a speed bump? If they are the same price, use the scud car as bargaining power to get a discount on the corsa car and use the saving to paint the mat black glossy back which also looks cool. In UK scud seems to be less preferable to corsa. I like both colours but scud looks better in sunny climates and corsa looks better in UK weather. All IMHO.

13. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would say car 2. The original owner will take the hit on the exterior carbon bits (hopefully based on the deal you work out). The car looks much nicer with the exterior carbon. If you don't lower your car, you might be able to get without the lifter. All depends on where you live I guess. Put on some scrape armor for the fronts for added protection. I think the lifter and the exterior carbon might be a wash on resale.

https://scrapearmor.com/collections/ferrari/products/scrape-armor-front-bumper-protection-ferarri-488

I have the lift, but the car is lowered so I ordered these for added protection.

14. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man
    That's a good point! I tried that however they countered it because Car 1 (Corsa) is literally brand new with only delivery miles in comparison to Car 2 (Scuderia)

15. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man
    Thank you soo much! What is the general consensus in doing subtle aftermarket oem bits to the car? Does it put people off because is not as "authentic"?

16. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man

Thanks for the info - Really helps as where I will be driving 80% off the roads have speed bumps! I assume the magnaride is standard?

17. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man
    That's what I initially thought however, a lot of my driving does cover manoeuvring speed bumps and they are not exactly small here. The sales man said it's a must here as well as the importance from a resale point of view (I know that's his job but it did get me thinking)...

Mikael-F360 and Art138 like this.
  18. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man
    I'm happy with Car 1 i.e. Corsa and Front lift - I don't mind missing the CF bits. Of course it would be nice to have them, I wouldn't say no. I guess I just wanted to validate my thinking and not make a silly decision by passing up the car with CF.

I am definitely leaning towards the Corsa with Front Lift

Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  20. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    Some interesting cars in Colchester lately. They have been marketing unregistered cars that have between 1k-2k miles on the clock and have already burned through the first year of the serving and warranty schedule. I believe these are ex Ferrari Northern Europe track/demo cars.

21. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes, Magnaride is standard along with the bumpy roads button on the steering wheel. Totally transforms the car at touring pace on UK roads, but then when you start to push on, Race firmness is the ticket.

Nothing like other brands....

Comfort = hard
    Sport = harder
    Race = even harder

Fays23 likes this.
  22. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Many people accessorize with CF. My opinion is that you can save a lot of money by doing it as an aftermarket consideration once you have had the car and can really make an educated decision on what you would like.

Makes it easy for resale as many buyers love the CF bits when done tastefully, which is very subjective of course.

And CF is not money that will be recovered if you decide to move on, so save as much money as you can. Just my 2c

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If resale value is of utmost importance, I would suggest you wait a year or 2 on buying the F8. Prices will be substantially lower and consequently less devaluation on resale.

24. Fays23

Fays23 Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    F8Man
    So I’ve decided to go with car 1 Rosso Corsa. Placed a deposit today, collection next week. Soo excited!

I want to change the wheels...will start a new thread

25. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Rosso Corsa makes me smile! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Chizz, Fays23, Drson and 1 other person like this.