Newbie here with a few questions? | FerrariChat

Newbie here with a few questions?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gabe325, Dec 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gabe325

Gabe325 Rookie

Dec 3, 2018
    Orlando FL
    Full Name:
    GABRIEL RAMIREZ
    Hello to all. I just recently picked up a 2003 spider in Grigio alloy, F1 tranny, and I love it. I am new to Ferrari ownership but I definitely know what I’m getting into having air cooled and water cooled 911’s and also currently own an Audi R8.

My question mainly is, aside from the belt services that are apparently a big thing to have done what other things might I have to address on it in order to make this a reliable for the most part car??? I will be driving it as i do all my other cars. No garage queen here and it currently has 33,000 miles. And I want to start fresh so I know where I stand with it.

Also is there a website or vendor that sells parts for these cars like in the Porsche or Audi R8 forums? Example pelican parts, R8 stuff?? Any and all help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Congrats on the car. Awesome color. Please post some photos. Also, check out our website and online store for some parts and accessories or email me for more information. :)

3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

hehe, "pelican parts" i think us Porsche guys have it to easy, then we move onto ferrari and realize we will most likely be at the mercy of Mechanics lol. Congrats on the new ride- The 360 is one heck of a machine, just got mine a month ago with 42k miles and already put almost 1400 miles on it- (Funny that 40k miles seems a lot on these cars while on a classic 911 its nothing)

4. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Engine and tranny mounts go over time.

The roll-over valves and charcoal canister on the gas tanks (yes, you have two) go too.

Ricambi America is a good "pelican parts" replacement.

Tom (former 993, 996, 997 981 spyder guy)

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Front ball joints

Spend some time looking at existing threads eg buyers guide even tho you already own - most questions have been asked and answered before

Enjoy