Newcastle drive pictures, Sunday, 7-11-04 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Newcastle drive pictures, Sunday, 7-11-04

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Kuzi: Thanks for setting up the day!!! Great turnout.

Willis: A+ job on the drive!!! Too bad we didn't get a picture of that new f-club member - the hay truck! Make sure to check your intakes for straw.

Dana: It's great fun hearing stories about you from your Dad. Kinda like visiting his home and hearing the stories of when you were just a little tyke, or in this case, a "critter" - except we're doing it online for everyone to enjoy!

Tim

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRrrrrrrgggggggggggggg! You guys are killing me!:p

3. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    ahhhh I can't wait to get my 348! looks like fun

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Tim,

A hay truck trailed by a bunch of hungry "horses"... Would have made a great picture for the Xmas party slideshow. :)

Surprisingly, very little hay in the air intakes. Must have blown over and to the side of the car.

5. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Will do....I'd have to say the "Oldslow" did pretty well keeping with the bunch yesterday!!!

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Willis, It floated down through the top of my car instead.

7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    That vehicle ahead of Willis was a .........Now get this....STRAWDALE

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thats the best one I've heard all day!

9. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I'll try to figure out how to download the video - I may have to post it to ferrarichat.

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Now that's clever. :)

11. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Critter...uh I mean DJ, I feel for ya. I'm just lucky my Dad hasn't figured out how to get here yet, and I am not going to volunteer what it is that he still, to this day, calls me.

Looks like I missed a good drive! Finally got my fusebox done and all my little problems seem to have vanished! Gonna try an oil change this week!

Anybody heading to the Good Guys show this weekend in Puyallup?

12. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Dana, you can't fool me with that " Creatura" stuff. I know that is Italian for CRITTER,
    Dad

13. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Forget the hay, Willis, I am still totally amazed at the competence of the 360 on less than " good " roads. I can't believe the road- holding grip. I wasn't for a moment apprenhensive about whipping through turns at twice the posted speed and for sure your attentive good driving. I just always wet my pants when I ride with someone. Not really ! Total joy and relaxation. Great roads for a Ferrari run ! Let's do that one again.
    Bob ( Ol' Critter )

14. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Ah, A sympathizer. So I'm not alone!.
    Yeah, I kind of thought I was letting a bunch of cats out of the bag letting Bobdad know how to get on this site.

Does Good guys include the Nostalgia Drags at Pacific? I love nostalgia!

There is talk about coming over to your side of the swimmin' hole for a club drive. Maybe you and Chris Mac can preplan an 'adventurous' route with a stop for lunch somewhere? PM me or Willis!

If you run into any problems on your oil change shoot me a line.

15. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    We don't drive to the West Sound areas enough. I think it's only fair that we drive out there once in a while.

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    We DO, only no one shows up! The last drive had just Stan Gordon and I going over to Silverdale.... :(

Hopefully we can have another drive soon. It is very pretty over there.

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The right time of the season helps too.

18. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I'll do a little research but you (JW) may be a little more in tune with some more of the outskirts than I. My experiences are more Port Orchard toward the bridge. I think between John and I we could come up with something fun.

19. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I was trying to find out, but all I have seen advertised or on the Pac Raceway web-site are what they're calling GoodGuys Hot Rod Drags. I know it's always been the Nostalgia Drags on Friday night (in Kent) and the show in Puyallup Fri, Sat and Sun. I may not make it to any of it if things at work pan out the way they are heading now. Might be stuck here all weekend.

I'd love to figure out a good route on this side, in fact I made it out to do a little "research" last Sunday. What kind of distance do you guys usually plan for a drive like this? I'm going to try getting out tomorrow too just to warm the oil up before changing it. Of course that may take 30 or 40 miles to do!!!

I'll also ask Byron, George and Dave if they have any ideas. I'm sure we can come up with somewhere to go!

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Good Guys has sponsored the Nostalgia drags in the past in conjuction with the big show in Puyallup. If it is this weekend it won't be pretty with the weather coming in. Maybe it will peter out like it did a few weeks ago.

As far as distances go, our drive last weekend took about an hour and a half. I figure close to 60 miles, give or take. You'll have to check with Willis on that. He probably knows to the tenth!

My car had 166 miles on it when I got home. My transit mileage was about 90 miles so subtract two carry the one............................

It's kind of fun to run for 30 miles or so and stop for lunch, let the cars cool down then take another route back. In my neck of the woods we even backtrack just to stay out on the country roads.

Early on Saturday or Sunday mornings I will take off in my 240 and drive the route that I plot the night before. This way I know how long it will take, what kind of condition the road is in and if it is any fun to drive. Once I do that I look for alternatives on the way home. Those come in handy in the event of heavy traffic.