news on 599 gto?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

news on 599 gto??

Discussion in '612/599' started by davide b, Oct 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    If it looks like the 599XX, it'll be the coolest road legal car ever!

2. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I think that there is room for that car and I think it will be fantastic. It already is in it's current standard form, let alone the FXX.

3. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    For me now its a matter of wait and see what comes from it all. Scuderia or GTO designation makes a difference but how much can only be determined if/when it actually happens.

As many have said, if they can take out +/- a couple hundred kilos "ballast" and add 50hp or so--which I belive is possible--and then rework the "look" and suspension to be a slightly toned down version of the 599xx, IMO it would be Ferrari's best road car in quite some time. Heck, I'll even agree to lay off Maranello for the Cali :)

The fun has started....and for many, so have their "prayers". No matter, we should know officially within 6 months--and honestly, for the first time in a few years, I'm fired up about Ferrari.

4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Three things to note:

1. Not sure what your dealer has confirmed on your order but my order from Germany says "Ferrari 599 GTO Limited Edition" on it. I don't think they would have put the name on the order itself if they didn't know what it will be called, as it would make the deposit immediately refundable

2. I spoke to someone senior at the Ferrari factory in Italy 2 days ago. I asked "do you know anything about the 599GTO". The response was "an incredible car, no further comment please"

3. I spoke to a well known Ferrari service agent in Europe (will not mention the country). He told me there WILL be a GTO, but the only thing fixed about the spec is the weight (150kg less than the standard car). He thinks they may leave the engine untouched and he thought the price would be 50k EUR over the standard car. In his view it is like a Scuderia version of the 599

So it looks like they will be using the GTO name after all, but the spec seems to be pretty uncertain

5. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I don't care what they call it, I just want to see it and hear it....and drive it.

6. TrojanHorse

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    More seemingly very good news!

Keep it coming...it's going to be a long winter of anticipation--but "whenever" its official, it'll be worth the wait and surely warm every true enthusist's "red blooded" heart.

BTW: Even the Scud had a few extra ponies plus a real weight reduction--this horse needs a bit of love, too...+/- 50 would be nice round number!

7. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    There has to be some performance upgrades to justify the price.

8. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    It is my understandng that the 599 has a detuned Enzo engine. So it probably wouldn't be hard to come up with a higher HP figure.

Am I wrong?

9. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Doing a search, the alternative word is "retuned". Some suggest it (the word) came from the marketing dept.

10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    It would be sad to see the 'GTO' label used on a body kit special... If used, it should be on a special car. I really hope this one surprises us all!

11. TrojanHorse

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    +1...it would seem reasonable to assume that Ferrari could squeeze another 8-10% out of "re-tuning" the Enzo engine--the difference between the two, as I understand it, is basically intake/exhaust restriction and detuned engine management software.

Obviously, they've sorted it in the official 599xx, but listen to the video of the "yellow" 599 with "scud type" exhausts rolling at the test track a month or so ago--sounds to me like they've solved that issue already :).

12. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    put my deposit today. ferrari don't want to spend the gto name for a 599. this is sure.
    the name actually is unknown, also in my contract the dealer put 599 gto, but this is only a confirmed pre-order. the final order will be made when they know the details.
    at the moment they don't know the production number and other details

13. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    My dealer was sure about the limited version. Not about the price.

They were told during a dealer trainee workshop that it will be almost 700 bhp

I was in Maranello for a factory visit end of september and a chief of the assembling unit confirmed that 2010 there will be a GTO. For sure.

For what it's worth...

14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    how does this gto compare to the custom one posted here by michele(?) from europe? his was a nice 599 throwback to the 250 with ducktail spoiler, gill slits, etc. havent heard about that one in while

15. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    #40 SoCCieBon, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This one? Never heard any progress with this project.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    Thats the Van den Brink GTO... IMO one of the best looking cars out there...

Maybe we should ask Michel.Mobiel about it...

17. TrojanHorse

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Happily joined the party--and been confirmed on "pre order" list. However nothing is "official" from the factory so dealer says they don't know if it'll actually go into production.

Some things are absolutely worth the anticipation! :)

(and true to my word, as agreed, I've now sworn off busting Maranello for the Cali)

18. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    This car if made will be nothing short of phenomenal, I can already hear that barely silenced V12....

19. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    An 'all-out' focused build on the 599xx platform, w/unique bodywork and called "GTO", might make a cool Enzo successor - w/console-free, gated six-speed option as a nod to the legend.

20. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    No chance.

21. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    I concur!

22. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    are there any spy shots or renderings of it?

23. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Amen to that one!

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #49 of2worlds, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What about the roof treatment and body work done on The Golden Ferrari as shown below again here. The original 599 styling unchanged would be a rather weak effort for a new model being talked about here. One-off styling seems to be used as a preview for certain later cars built. Note the GTO-like roof treatment plus rear end...
    CH
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ferrari would never do anything that cool