News story on Chris Dugan of Dugan Enterprises | FerrariChat

News story on Chris Dugan of Dugan Enterprises

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by JoshuaCantor, Oct 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dugan

Dugan Rookie

Jul 11, 2006
    To all that may see this amateur hour new interview, please take a moment to see that this interview has been creatively made in efforts of making me look bad. Anyone who has a clue of business and restoration will see right through this childish effort of trying to hurt me. All you know I am a perfectionist and my standards are second to none. In saying that, there is lots more to the story that I am not going to voice at this time, and if so pulled the car there must be a pretty damn good reason. I have one of the biggest restoration shops in the San Diego area and have won platinum awards at premier events with those restored cars. One more little fun fact, BEST IN CLASS AND BEST LAMBORGHINI at Italiano a month ago. I have chosen the high road and I don’t air my dirty laundry like this unprofessional person is. So much to the story, and legal action is already in place. I gave this shop an opportunity and they failed massively in so many ways. Thanks for reading this.

2. JoshuaCantor

JoshuaCantor Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Joshua Cantor
    I can certainly appreciate the value of cars winning awards. However, winning awards on the backs of the technicians who do the real work never get paid is nothing to brag about in my book. This thread is for those of us in the industry that value awards being won with integrity, like those who do the work being paid when the owner pays the middle man and the middle man keeps all the money for himself and never tells the owner. This conversation is about transparency so owners can make informed choices about where their money goes and not have anything hidden from them. This conversation is for honesty and legal practices that elevate the industry. This conversation is for those who choose to put their money behind integrity and get superior results at the same time.

Ingo Knito likes this.
  3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Either post proof , now that you’ve opened this can of worms or pay the man what he’s owed. Let’s see what you’ve got. Best , Kirk.

4. 12097

12097 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Regina, Canada
    I have no dog in this game.

I have however been in business world for 35+ years. During this time I have met a lot of great people who pay their bills well, and are multi year repeat customers. I have also met a couple of the “other kind” who go out of their way to not pay what is owed.

To Chris:

Did you write a cheque for work done?

Did you remove the vehicle from his shop?

Did you then stop payment on that cheque?

To Joshua:

Were you ever informed of deficiencies in either the time line or quality of work that you were doing for Mr. Dugan? If so, did you take steps to rectify them?

I am curious if you have a serial number for the car in question?

If so, have you registered a lien on the car?

Does your state allow a shop owner who is left in this situation to register a mechanics lien, and have a sheriff seize the car?

I suspect that this will wind up in court. Please let us know how the proceedings progress

5. Doc_K

Doc_K Karting

Oct 19, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Full Name:
    Ian K.
    I am curious too as to what the real story is. If there were problems with the work, then why was the check issued in the first place? Were the issues discovered later that day? Also, out of curiosity, why was Josh banned? I thought it would be interesting for both individuals to share their sides of the story for everyone to draw their own conclusions. There certainly have been similar situations on here in the past that weren't so civil and allowed to carry on.

6. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Lol, Josh was banned ? Really, honestly i personally think this is a case between the two involved,why i never comented.But now ,knowing it died on this chatroom based on They banned Josh, i draw a few conclusions,with my own ban on the Downdraft site. Need i say more?

Doc_K likes this.
  7. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    If this is what i suspect, my respect for this chatroom is zero.

8. Not because off this, but because because of activity outside of the Lamborghini section. NOTHING whatsoever taking up for Dugan or anyone else. Your situation, different, is just a ban in one thread that you keep picking at.

9. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yup, to many simple facts posted ,for those of us with common sense and tecnical knowledge. Its ok. Not to worry. Still this Josh thing is suspect,knowing the parties involved.

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #11 ylshih, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    As EarlyCat says, JoshuaCantor was banned for posting an ad for his restoration services in the main Ferrari discussion forum. This was after being told that he had to change his original username from his business name, because commercial activities were not permitted on the forums except to sponsors, but that changing his username would allow him to continue to post his complaint as a discussion topic. He was well advised of forum rules but broke them with his third post. [links deleted for obvious reasons]

11. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Again ,to me this case is between Dugan and Josh. Non of my bussines, my skin was merley the banning part.

12. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #13 ylshih, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    And so you jumped to a conclusion with no information and conflated two unrelated events. :rolleyes:

In our experience many users think that they shouldn't have been banned or that we should have been more lenient or we could have given more warning and will find a reason to ***** about it when able. Consider that thread bans are a tremendous courtesy on our part to allow users to continue posting on 99.99% of the forum, including requiring our tolerance for their posting about how "unfair" their thread ban was as an immediate reaction. :cool:

joe sackey likes this.
  13. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yes i do think my ban was absolutely silly. Watching the sh?@&! Throwing between certain partys. Then again, i am not the moderator. I am on here for my love of the Countach. With common sense knowledge.
    Moving on.

14. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Restoring a collector car is often a road that will provide years of fun and adventure.

A wise man said - Southwest Airlines is your best friend.

joe sackey likes this.
  15. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Indeed the news piece makes Dugan look very bad. If the portion of the report where a check was issued with the intent to stop payment is true, imho that is indeed a crime and speaks volumes about ethics or lack thereof.