NFL 2018 | Page 126 | FerrariChat

NFL 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    New stadium, good young team, good young coach, just been to the Super Bowl. If LA doesn't support this team, that's a shame...T

2. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No...the no call was the direct cause.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im a huge pats hater so I need someone to explain to me how this team is exactly the same whether its 2001 or 2019? brady never gets touched despite completely new offensive lines. and they never have high draft picks either. its just random o line guys who become hof talent level when they get to Foxboro. giants were only team to ever pressure him. same with special teams. if anyother punter gets 1 punt inside the 5, its highlight for the year. for pats, he does it every time, in the sb! its crazy. belichick is brilliant football mind esp on d, but how does he make everyone play perfectly? sick of it and its going to be same next yr!

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    lol

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, Jim Rome said it best - the no call was not the reason they lost, but the no call would have been the reason they won.

There was some terrible officiating that game in general, and yes that was one of the horrendous non-calls in NFL history, especially considering the stakes. However, the Saints had control of that game; up 13-0 and couldn't put them away (including two first quarter TDs that at least 1 should have been a TD), the decision to throw instead of run 3 times then kick a FG, having the ball first in OT, the decision to put in Hill and take the ball out of Drew's hands (I've questioned that all season).

Nospinzone and TexasF355F1 like this.
  7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The way the Rams played last night, on the biggest stage, I wouldn't give rat's ass either.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're half right. As stated, there are several reasons the Saints lost, and the referees are one of them however they are the last reason why they lost. They had a few ways to put the Rams away and therfore the non-call wouldn't have mattered.

As for a watchable game, I think the Saints definitely would have showed up to play and quite possibly won. However, the Saints looked like they peaked a tad early this season. They looked unstoppable early and mid-season, but after that Cowboys game it looked like they could never get back to being dominant. And Brees didn't look the same either. Not sure if he was hiding an injury, or if father time caught up to him. But look at him early and mid season, then look at him late season.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Meh, its NFL

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It's simple Brady and BB are arguably the greatest QB/HC combo in NFL history. Having been there before, they didn't wilt under the pressure. BB came up with a scheme that the Rams could not decipher. Brady plodded along playing mediocre until that throw to Gronk amid three defenders. That was a dime! Even my wife, who finds it hard to say nice about anyone that isn't Roger Staubach, thought it was a good pass.
    T

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I can’t anoint best hc and qb due to the proven cheating over multiple years.

If they hadn’t, then without a doubt better than Montana and Walsh.

But this might have been a season they legitimately won, so kudos to Pats.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Cue the Duck Boats!

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    goat coach? bill or phil Jackson?

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not even a contest - it's Bill Belichick.

Look at the players Phil Jackson coached, and look at Belichick.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with this.

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    yeah both coaches had the goat. plus Jackson did it in 2 places (ignore the knicks)

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    So... nobody else cheats?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You at the parade, Paul?!?
    T

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I agree. This is my NFL coaching pantheon in order.

1) Tom Landry: champion + innovator + Texas bias = GOAT! :D
    2) Bill Walsh: champion + innovator
    3) Bill Belicheck: champion

Of course, just like it is hard to separate the coach from the players they had, I think with HCs you have to take into account the people above them in the chain of command. Landry had Gil Brandt, who revolutionized how teams approach the draft. Walsh had the good fortune of working for what many consider the best owner in NFL history - Eddie D.

Belicheck, to me, seems the master schemer. He comes up with plans for teams that the opposition just loses their minds and has no idea how to counter. McVay was the young hot shot, and he was totally schooled this past Sunday. And, for his own team, he seems to maximize their potential & give them the best chance of winning. You sort of wonder whether he is holding on to outlast TB12 and prove he can win the Lombardi with Brian Hoyer! :p

T

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How many other teams had their coach fined $500k and lost two first round draft picks? How many other players destroyed their phones when they had nothing to hide?

Is it a conspiracy and witch hunt against the Patriots, or are they proven cheaters?

dustman likes this.
  22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jordan and Pippen in one place, Kobe and Shaq at another

You and I can win 9 NBA titles if we coached those guys.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    So, you don't think there is any cheating by the other teams? What about F1?

24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I didn’t say there isn’t any cheating by other teams.

But, to the extent they the Pats do? Remember Kurt Warner said that it seemed like the Patriots Defense was in the Rams huddle - and he said this well BEFORE spygate - when the Pats defeated them for their first Super Bowl.

Belichick and Brady are great, they don’t need to cheat to be great, but the fact that they have will always be a blemish (to me but obviously not to everyone)

nicholasn, 95spiderman and JAM1 like this.