NFL 2021 | Page 46 | FerrariChat

NFL 2021

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    SO much for the #1 ranked Defense....

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're mistaken, one of the refs did spot it then back pedaled into the endzone. It was the side judge, to be exact, not the umpire, but the NFL rulebook doesn't specify it has to be the umpire:

So, anyone of the 6 or 7 zebras can touch the ball, or spot the ball, to get the next play started. Nothing to see here, it was all legit. Besides, Brady was on the other side, you don't believe that if there was a way to charity Brady another playoff call they would? :D

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I am shocked by this accusation! Shocked!

T

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol

5. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I don't doubt you, I just didn't see it.

I don't agree with your assertion of Brady in this instance, the NFL has more to gain by having LA
    playing in a SB in its' home stadium, and the bigger TV audience.
    I think the days of 'We must have a big-market east coast team play a big-market west coast team'
    in all major championships is in the past 'somewhat'.
    Now, if Jax played Car in the Super Bowl, that might hurt...

Here's a question: What if Brady retires soon and Rodgers wants to go to Tampa?
    I've been asking the nationally syndicated sports radio guys that, they ignore the possibility...

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Last question is an intriguing one. Rodgers is at the age that he may be thinking that he needs another SB to cement his legacy among the greats. Is GB likely to get him a super bowl victory? I don't think so. The downside is that replacing TB12 is going to be a monumental chore for any QB.

T

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I didn't know AR has an overall losing record in the playoffs....
    Every team has a 3 yr window, 4 years tops before they can no longer afford their 'star' players.
    TB may be there already, or MAYBE have one year left.

When Brady goes, so does Gronk.
    They cannot afford Godwin and Fournette AND Evans as it is now,
    but these guys all have a ring so I doubt they take a pay cut to get one.

Ndamukong Suh is done and largely irrelevent, LaVonte David is old, and I was
    around both of these guys a bit when they were at NU - both good guys, and both
    are burned out now.

Tom, let us know when you stop PRAYING Sean Payton goes to Dallas, but then again,
    if Sean waits a year he won't have some of the 'stars' that are there today.
    And Zeke is toast, a RB2 at best. He just acts like he doesn't care too much about anything.

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agree on the "window" concept. Seen it before with Dez, then Zeke, Lawrence, etc. etc. Tie up a lot of money in a few players, who underperform,surround with marginal players who the coaches never seem to coach up.

Couple of years from now, Parsons is going to need to be paid in a few years, which means someone has to go. Even Dak is starting to generate chatter from grumps (like my wife! ) now that he's making big dough.

Players seem to wilt when it's a big game. Heaven forbid they fall behind early, it's more or less over. Then they hop back and forth between good years (thanks to a soft schedule from previous year's poor performance) and bad years (due to a tough schedule from previous year's good performance). Lather, rinse, repeat.

Interesting story about the salary cap, which JJ pushed for.

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/jones-wanted-salary-cap-now-hes-suffering-with-it/

Cap instituted in 1994. Boys haven't won an SB since 1996.

T

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Dak does not have any 'it' factor, he won't win a championship.
    He's a winner, puts up good numbers, appears to be a decent leader, but isn't 'it'.
    Kinda like Kirk Cousins, Wentz, Tua, Darnold, Murray....

Shorn355 likes this.
  10. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Totally agree - add... Bridgewater, Lock, Tannehill, Carr ....

The Brady retires / Rodgers to Tampa scenario is quite compelling/interesting - should be a fun offseason :)

11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I kinda disasgree with Carr, he almost (by himself) got them in the playoffs, without Waller, without Ruggs...

12. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah he showed some moxy this year with all the distractions and injuries - Would be good to see what he can do with solid front office and solid coaching staff - He seems to "have the locker room" which is 80+% of the battle won IMHO -

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I am having a hard time believing Vegas just didn't hire Bisaccia as HC...
    Such a great way to lose the team, get rid of the guy everyone likes and respects - and WINS.

wax likes this.
  14. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah that blew my mind - I thought the guy was perfect - he stabilized things and focused after the Gruden mania - Team totally responded to him and played their butts off for him - he seemed to have the right personality for the Raiders and Vegas but with proper tip of the hat to the Oakland/LA Raider legacy. Amazes me - Well maybe he will come to Denver - Gosh knows we NEED SOMEONE - Fangio was a failure from the start - town never adopted him and neither did the team IMHO.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with the above. I think Dak has what it takes. His teammates, I'm not so sure.

In the interest of full disclosure, my wife agrees with y'all! Then again, she's been poor mouthing every Dallas QB since Saint Roger retired. She's going around calling Dak the new Tony Romo. Ouch!

T

16. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    If I had to bet my house on Dak to take the team 80 yards down the field to win the game, I would not bet on it. Ever.
    Would you?

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    As a scientist, I've taken way too many math courses to be a gambler. So, house? No!
    I would take Dak over many of the current QBs in the league, but there are others I would prefer.

I must admit, however, that the greats make those around them better.
    To be honest, I think his teammates drag him down more than he lifts them up.
    That's both in terms of talent and desire to win.

T

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What field/disc. of Science, my distinguished colleague Tom of America?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Old school chemistry major here! The periodic table had 4 elements when I started - earth, air, fire and water! LOL.

T

wax likes this.
  20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That's exactly what I thought when they took that Amari Cooper clown, there is
    on way in hell I'd pick him up. He has a few rare games with 130/1, but it's usually
    more like 33/0 or 25/0 or so it seems. He's a not-quite WR2 at best, closer to a WR3.
    And Zeke's body languge tells me 'meh, I don't care, I'm good...now leave me alone'.

And, of course we would take Dak over many of the others in the league, but none
    of the bonifide top-10.
    Marino had a ton of stats, too, I shudder to think what he could have done with today's
    rules and today's plentiful WR's. He had the 'it' factor, but he also was never blessed with
    a really good running game to balance out the passing.

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dude, I'm begging ya please, you're channeling all my inner fears about the Cowboys. I see them as a mildly more successful version of my beloved Mets. Good players. Good seasons from time to time. But, no rings. ☹️

T

22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol. You win the internet today

tomc likes this.
  25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone else notice the non PI call on KC in the endzone in the 1st quarter, yet they don't seem to miss a thing on Cincy?