NHL 2021 season | Page 6 | FerrariChat

NHL 2021 season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I get the part about resting Fleury. But Deboer is still useless

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This season for Vegas boils down to one game. It was the last game against Colorado. Fleury had been playing the best of the season and Lehner was struggling. But Deboer put Lehner in to keep consistent with his one game each strategy. Lehner lost that game 3-2 with one very bad goal. That was also the game were we played with only 15 players because we had a salary cap problem. The salary cap problem is from Lehner's and Petrangelo's salaries.

We lost that game, we lost 1st place, we had to play Minnesota and we played them a very tough 7 series. The Avs had it easy because the end of their season was all LA, Anaheim, and San Jose.

That one game set us up for what we see tonight. And that one game was Deboer's decision and his decision alone.

3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Like I said in my previous post, and in a post last year, Deboer is an idiot and will never win a Cup. His decision making is beyond suspect.

6. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    **** these ******* maple leafs.

End rant.

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow man... the Leafs choked. No energy.

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where is Wayne Simmonds now? Loved his comment about "we all know who the better team is" when they were up 3-1. He is right, we do know, and that is the Montreal Canadiens. Two years in a row, game 7 the Leafs get shut out. $35 million tied up in 3 players and not a single goal. I know what $35 million does buy, though. It buys a Rocket Richard trophy, but that trophy does the Leafs no good in the playoffs. And the only credit that Austin Matthews gets is that he is able to impersonate a perfect Harry Houdini disappearing act every year in the playoffs. Same ole Leafs...

TheMayor likes this.
  10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its still going to be interesting when finally the Canadian teams play the American teams. Are they on par or did the separation cause them to ignore weaknesses throughout the season?

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Winnipeg is the strongest Canadian team. But I don't think they can compete with Colorado/Vegas (unless Fleury doesn't play) and even Boston. Montreal would be next up only because of their goalie, and playoff hockey is all about the goalie.

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its also about making the fewest mistakes of having the talent to make up for your mistakes.

Vegas made ONE mistake in Game one vs Minnesota -- and wiped out a Fleury shut out of 70 minutes.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, but that's what great goaltending does, it allows your team to take chances and make mistakes. If you recall the 1998 Buffalo Sabres had absolutely nobody on their team except for Dominik Hasek, and he single handedly brought them to within 2 games of the Stanley Cup (1 game if you include the officiating error in game 6 that cost them the game)

14. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When the Leafs were up 3 games to 1, I figured that the Habs were (French) toast, but it just shows what can happen. Hockey seems to have had more teams come back from 3-1 deficits to win series than any of the other sports; I remember when the Islanders did it in the '70s, I believe in the first year they were ever in the playoffs.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah I hear ya. Again the first goal against the 2nd Canes game seemed questionable.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Gosh I hope Evans is OK. Rather senseless.

alum04org likes this.
  18. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I hope Evans is OK as well, but I think that was a clean hit. The Jets had a chance at that point, and Scheifele was making a play to try to prevent the empty netter. Moral of this story is KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its difficult to put yourself in someone else's shoes but to me, this was an intimidation play. Scheifele knew he could not stop the player so he intentionally made a dangerous play thinking the other player would choke and miss an empty net by bailing out (aka keeping your head up)

Hockey is a tough, brutal sport. But this play seems senseless to me given the situation. Its why they stopped having races to touch the puck for icing. Too many players got hurt racing as hard as they can into the boards.

Both players were doing their jobs. The difference is one I think stepped over the line.

That being said, I don't believe Scheifele was intentionally trying to hurt Evans. But he created the situation that caused it.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The penalty was for charging, not intent to injure, so even the referees saw that was a play that unfortunately went bad

22. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Scheifele is suspended for 4 games. That seems ridiculous to me considering the complete lack of suspensions to guys like Tom Wilson a few weeks back.

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Or the opposite. Rease of the VGK got two days -- and the guy he was supposed to have roughed up went back to the bench and never missed a shift in the game.

24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The NHL Department of Player Safety has always mean a joke. Notorious for being inconsistent, and this year proves that even further.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby