Nice Black Boxer on Ebay | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Nice Black Boxer on Ebay

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Chiaro_Slag, Jul 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    So since we all love boxers so much how about a boxer getogether drive.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks boxerman and atheyg for the posts! :)

Fly on up there, and buy a cool car! Come take me for a ride! LOL!

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    According to my last set of spark plugs, I may have a 'leak' too, but that's a winter time operation! :)

Summer's for DRIVIN', Man!

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I agree with the comments that Boxerman made about what might need to be checked out and replaced or rebuilt.

The car should have a very complete independant inspection done, including a compression -AND- a leak down test. All of the available records should be looked over to see what has been replaced or rebuild.

Low mileage Boxers LOOK great, but they tend to need a number of things replaced because of age.

My Boxer was purchased by a previous owner in 1997 when it had about 8K miles on it for $100K

He then had Continental Auto Sport "do whatever it needs." After a major 30K service (belts, rebuilt waterpump, the works), replacing all six Konis, suspension bushings, brake hoses, removed DOT/EPA stuff, fuel pumps, hood struts, etc... etc...etc... the invoice was $32,000.

I've got over $60K of invoices dated between 1997-2003 for repairs and maintenance.

Granted, the previous owner was a multi-millionaire and he didn't care about costs, he just wanted the car kept in top shape.

Even with all of the previous work that had been done, I still had to do the following since I bought it in November and have driven it 4,000 miles: Replace Dinoplex with MSD, replace all of the steel fuel injectors with brass Bosch injectors, rebuild the sticking distributor advance system, replace the spark plug wires, repair input shaft oil leak.

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    So you have one of the rare $192K Boxers then.......LOL!

But it looked GOOD as the Cover Girl ;)

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    So by all of the above logic a properly maintained good low mileadge boxer should be worth 30k more than a runner.

Sort of makes you wonder about all those tesstarosas out there about to need work.

How much would it ake to bring a 95-97 355 up to standard or are they a much simpler proposition

7. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Boxers are easier to work on since they were truly hand made and engine access with the opening deck lid, the problem is so few were made parts are hard to find and very expensive, but if you try hard enough you can get around being ripped off to a extent for a $50 part that sells for $600

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There's a good independent shop in Houston, where all the Boxer guys go....:rolleyes:

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Was that Franco's (the president of Tubi) car?

If so, it is SWEET!

10. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Assuming this Boxer will go to a garage queen believer, then how this Boxer runs is a nonissue. Queen owners only care about looks since they don't drive them.

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If I bought that one I'd drive the cr@p out of it for 89 days! LOL

Then of course, I'd park it for ten years or so. My mechanic needs the money.......

12. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Nope, it wasn't his car. But, I did just order a Tubi for it though. :)

Fred H. of Omaha, NB was the previous owner of my car.