Nice find (bosch relay) | FerrariChat

Nice find (bosch relay)

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by raemin, May 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    I've ordered weeks ago a few new bosh relays. I've been saying quite a few bad things about this supplier that charged me express TNT shipping and failed to ship the order for three weeks. I am not complaining any-more...

this is what was advertised for €11.73 :
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    (https://www.piecesauto24.com/bosch/1154798)

this is what I got:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Aluminium casing looks much better than the plastic alternative and this genuine relay even ended-up cheaper than the fuel pump relay (on the right).

samsaprunoff and Tojo like this.
  2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    As I am fixing all these relays, I've spotted a nice alternative on my relay board. The wiper timer was replaced long ago and instead of the SIPEA 6.0633.00.0 (Ferrari ref 110359 replaced by 40284309) I've got a Magneti Marelli tel12C/1 which is a direct fit: same old fashioned shape, same bolt pattern, same plug. More important it does switch the ground (instead of positive as with most generic timers).

These relays were used in the Fiat 124 and a German seller is selling new units for €24 shipping included (instead of £188.55).