Nice optioned 2005 F430 in Atlanta | FerrariChat

Nice optioned 2005 F430 in Atlanta

Discussion in '360/430' started by Flea7, Mar 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    My friend was looking at this and decided to pass.
    It has a clean carfax but there was some overspray on the top rear right quarter panel. But optioned with CF seats, CCB's & challenge wheels w/21k miles.

Listed at $98,950 .........My friend talked him down to $91,500. I think this is a great price at 91k for the car if anyone is interested. Maybe there is more room there to negotiate??

I have some pics of the car of the overspray and blemishes if anyone is interested.

https://hennessyporsche.com/inventory/used/Ferrari+430+Berlinetta+Roswell+Georgia+2005+Silver+1767811

cavlino likes this.
  2. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Wow, looks good to me.

I like everything about it, my main issue being on the wrong side of the border and all the costs that goes with that, especially the dollar exchange at the moment....

Thanks for sharing though :)

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Very nice and a great price indeed!

Just dont know if all service records are available or what work or maintenance it needs next.

4. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Well, as mentioned,..there is overspray at the inside right rear quarter panel. I don't know what what the story behind it...but it was enough for my friend to bow out.

I would love to have the seats and the wheels !!!

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    seems like a great deal. why negotiate a seller down and then decide you don't want the car? did he have a certain price in mind and couldn't get there?

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I am amazed at some of the reasons people pass up perfectly good cars at good prices. It could have been touched up after fixing a door ding. It could be inspected.

7. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Right??? I was urging him that it was a great deal! Oh well....I figured that someone here can take advantage.

.....i was actually thinking of getting a second one :)

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I think at the end...he couldn't get over the overspray in the rear.

He even had planned for Ferrari of atlanta to do a warantee inspection of the car........oh well???

9. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sometimes they come from the factory with touchups or they are done at FNA in NJ. I bought a 2005 new and it had paintwork on the front left fender. Also the front bumper is a slightly different color. There is also a drop of black paint on the door sill from touch up. I could have had the dealer take it off but decided to leave it. I still have the car. Some call it Ferrari personality!

cavlino likes this.
  10. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Seems like a great deal. I have the exact same car, some options, color and everything but a 2006 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would like to see the overspray pictures. Please send to [email protected]
    Thanks.

12. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'll post it here ....give me a minute ....

Also, the car is from Chicago. FYI, Henessey Porsche said former owner is the CEO of Weather Tech. .....david macneil ??

13. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Here are some relevant pictures. The CCB does look like they had track time? But I didn't think that the overspray was that bad.

Entire front is clear protected up to the fenders.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

14. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's how CCB wears, it looks normal.

Also the over spray is way over blown, I mean come on. Previous owner was probably anal that the lid wasn't perfectly aligned and scraped the paint. And any car that gets driven scratches the under tray.

15. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I think it looks great and worth a ppi investment for a prospective buyer. I love the seats.

I'm not familiar with ccb wear , ppi should tell ? .The over spray doesn't bother me much.

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    True. I can't remember if it was on this forum or another, but a guy who claimed to have worked at the FNA receiving facility in NJ said (like any new cars) they arrive with defects or shipping damage and they had to retouch or repair them before shipping to the dealers. He said it would shock folks how common it was. He was commenting (IIRC) on a thread about pristine cars with "no paint work"...