Nice to meet you | FerrariChat

Nice to meet you

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by RocketBoy, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saturday afternoon around 2pm I took the 575 out after detailing the inside and for a spin for one last time. I recently had to sell it back to my Dad for some down payments after purchasing some properties in SW Florida. It was such beautiful day and I was shocked to see a red 355F1 Spyder pull out in front of me as I turned onto Dundee. Red, tan interior, temporary registered plates from LFSC. As soon as a Jag got out of the way, I pulled up along side and gave him a friendly wave and went on. Next turn it was fun to see the little 355 trying to keep up with my car. I blasted towards speeds three times the limit but sure enough the little 355 would be right behind once I let go of the throttle to coast. After a few twists and turns in shopping mall parking lot, our two different paths got me to our neighborhoods faster, regardless of who’s car had more speed.

Whoever has a 355 in the South Barrington/Inverness area, it was nice to meet you. As soon as my properties are built I plan to flip two of them. With this money I hope to get a 512TR. Maybe we can go for another spin then?

By the way, my father-in-law was working on rebuilding a porch so I went out to McyD’s to grab him some lunch. My H2 was pretty much on empty along with the Durango, ( takes what seems like 25 minutes to fill up the Hummer.) So I decided to take the 575 to a fast food joint. Within 2 seconds of pulling into the lot, had teeny bobbers with phone cameras shooting, Hispanic McyD employees telling me how Juan Pablo will make a comeback, and a Williams F1 fan asking me to tell Schuey to retire.

Anyone else have some fun times in their Fcars over the weekend?

RocketBoy

2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Forgot to mention that on the 26th I might have to be in FLA for paperwork. I really would like to join everyone for the cruising night but may miss out on it.

RocketBoy

3. In a separate incident I was stuck in traffic driving down Golf Rd. near Woodfield mall in my black F355 and saw a yellow Lambo Merciaslkdfjelllago driving the other direction surrounded by two red Vipers reving on him the whole time. I couldn't tell if they were all driving together or if the Vipers were just bothering him.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I had my car out for a good part of the weekend. No teenyboppers trying to challenge me. But,I did get alot of sorry,(sad) looks from guys at stoplights,checking out the car. They had the..." If I didn't have this stupid MiniVan,Crabby Wife next to me,Rotten kids screaming in the backseat,Bills up the wazoo,and $2000.00 a month Mortgage payment...I'd get me one of those" Looks...:(

Life is TOOO short. Give the Wife that $35,000.00 Wedding when you get married. The House. The Minivan. Send the Kids to school. Then,when they move out,Then,It's YOUR TURN to get the car of YOUR dreams....It's YOUR TURN,Buddy! :) Life is toooo short! Never let yourself say,"Should've" when it's too late...You only live once....:) (Words by Confucious............:)

5. I agree man, except I can't wait that long and that's why I bought my F355 at 28yrs of age. I do have the nagging wife and 2 screaming kids going for me though.

6. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Life is TOOO short. Give the Wife that $35,000.00 Wedding when you get married. The House. The Minivan. Send the Kids to school. Then,when they move out,Then,It's YOUR TURN to get the car of YOUR dreams....It's YOUR TURN,Buddy! :) Life is toooo short! Never let yourself say,"Should've" when it's too late...You only live once....:) (Words by Confucious............:)[/QUOTE]

Frank,
    Im trying to live up to this but now all my money is tied into real estate. One of the condos I purchased won't be built for two years. My method for paying for the wedding, wife and kids, minivan is with the ever increasing property value of SW Florida. So I sacrificied buying the Fcar off my Dad in favor of this. My wife and kids story will hopefully happen within a few years.
    When I look at my Hummer I think what other kind of car could the money have gone into. But due to my occupation, selling food manufacturing equipment, and having to travel all over the midwest, come winter time I'd rather be in that tank than some speedy Italian job. If I lived in Florida, that would be a different story. At the same time, you get a lot of flack of doubt and suspicion for pulling up in a sportscar as compared to an SUV on steroids. I've seen this on the Chicagoland Fchat site a few times: being labeled for the car you are in.

Hey 355,
    What part of S. Barrington are you? Im currently in Inverness, near Motorwerks. PM me if you like and maybe we can get a ride going together. I still would like to know who has the 355 F1 Spyder. I think I have seen another one, or a 348 Spyder, in a well-to-do neighborhood in Palatine on Quinten, just north of Dundee.

RocketBoy

PS: Weather might be rainy till Sunday, so I might be in the H2 come LFSC open house. Anyone else going?

7. I live about 2 minutes from the corner of Algonquin and Barrington Rd.
    If you're talking about the red 355 spyder, I've seen it around a few times. Also, looks like someone at Lifetime Fitness in Schaumburg bought a silver 355 gts...anyone here?

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hee Hee! Me Too! But,I get my Solace when I go out for a nice drive in the 2 seater.:) Listening to that purr of the engine,enjoying the outdoors with the top off....very relaxing...keeps the sanity...:)

Yeah,I had some very cool Muscle cars through my Teens and early 20's.('70's-'80's) Then,7 assorted Corvettes since I was 25. Almost got a Ferrari twice,earlier in my life...but,I hate to say it,but,it was Fate that I didn't. Ever see those Classified Ads in the newspaper..."Must Sell...getting Divorced". Well.I would have probably lost mine when I got Divorced in '99. But,Finally got the Ferrari in '01. (New Wife is aware of how big and vast the Arizona Desert is...she wouldn't even Think about it....:) )