NICK FORZA'S 308/288GTO RE-BODY | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NICK FORZA'S 308/288GTO RE-BODY

Discussion in '308/328' started by mksu19, Jan 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    $12K on top of a donor car is still cheaper (and faster) than a 355 (easier to insure too)! How you like yours man? Hope you have a big brake kit as well.

2. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I liked it, but I pulled it off last year planning to port the heads and add an even bigger supercharger....then I got distracted and decided to try and install a hot V12 instead.

3. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    My 2 cents. If I was to install the 288GTO kit, I would not add the rear side air vents. I would lean towards the wide body 308 IMSA look using the GTO panels.
    I have seen so many upbodied 911 cars, people adding turbo flares,even the factory offered a widebody option, that nothing surprises me.

4. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    WOW! Where could I see this beast!?

5. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
  6. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
  7. grappamon

grappamon Rookie

Mar 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Wes Grey
    I have known Nick personally for several years and have been in his shop and ridden in his cars. Let me tell you that his black 308 "test mule" is very impressive. Having owned modified and stock cars and being the current owner for the past 10 years of a 328 I would not be afraid of mechanically upgrading a 3X8. Having said that I have yet to see a cosmetically altered 3X8 that is an improvement over what pinifarina intended.

8. blainewest

blainewest Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Kelowna, BC
    Full Name:
    Blaine W
    Just my 2 cents. Whether the gto conversion adds a justifiable amount of aesthetic "improvement" is subjective. I've seen both the 308 and a gto side by side and for my money the gto is only marginally more appealing than the 308. The stock 308 is already an iconic supercar design. I really don't understand why anyone would go to the hassle of "kiticizing" an original collector car for very little, if any, aesthetic gain. But each to his own.

If you're really going to do this you should buy that Fiero engine 308 on ebay and at least give it back a ferrari heartbeat.

9. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    You're not saying that someone put a Fiero engine in an otherwise genuine 308, are you? Say it ain't so!

First time I ever heard of turning a genuine Ferrari into a Fiero. It just underscores my opinion of the 308 to GTO rebodies: Why turn a real Ferrari into a kit car?

10. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yeah, you just missed it. But here's last year's thread on the same car.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136881&highlight=Fiero+308

11. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I wouldn't mind that read deck lid and GTO style engine cover. I would make getting to stuff on top of the engine 10x easier!

12. shawxhurst

shawxhurst Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Steve Hawxhurst
    I don't quite get why you can't keep a 3X8 running reliably. Mine was driven almost every day by the first (original) owner and I drive it often. Just passed 100,000 miles. It's not the most comfortable car to drive but turbos etc won't fix that

13. rallyguy

rallyguy Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    #38 rallyguy, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My father had a Carpenter conversion GTO for a few years, he got it on a trade for an E-Type Jag. He sold it about 7 or so years ago, not sure where it is now (heard it might be in Japan). It may have not been an exact replica of the original, but it was damn sexy none the less.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. blainewest

blainewest Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Kelowna, BC
    Full Name:
    Blaine W