Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jongottschalk, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2008/10/in-the-news-nic.html

Interesting:

Other notes...

From Time Magazine:

I'm done looking, but I do remember the car was a Mondial, and definitely white, and most certainly a t.

However, it's hard to deduce from these articles which Ferrari year and links (assuming they are accurate). She most likely had a Ferrari after 1985 (which would make it a 3.2 Mondial) even if by a couple of years (making a 1986-1988 likely). A t wouldn't be out of the question, but then you have to wonder what year it was purchased in.

Additionally the last quote, says in 1992 she bought a Ferrari so this could imply it's another Ferrari in addition to the one she owned from Simpson. And 1992 would make it a Mondial t or a 348, but I sincerely doubt it was a 348.

Take what you will from it.

2. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    It says this post was moved.......to where?

3. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    I guess it was moved because the main subject was a mondial, but I felt there were alot of other info that would make it a general discussion (OJ, Nicole, Other Ferraris possibly, etc.) Sorry for the error.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's no big deal, the Mods attempt to put it in the Section most likely to get a response....

No penalty points or anything!!!

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Her plate would be gone as a matter of course. Like I said, they actually changed the street address of her condo (and remodeled the gate) on Bundy, to stop the lookyloo craze that saw going on. They also officially changed the address of Sharon Tate's house in Benedict Canyon...

6. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    I guess Ill never know for sure. When the moderators moved my thread to model specific it killed the responses. I understand what the thinking was, but I feel like the topic was more general in that it was about the Simpsons and other vehicles they had and what the ferrari OJ and nicole had. I guess it will remain a mystery, although Im thinking it probably wasnt the one she was driving at the time of her death, but maybe it was and earlier one she had.

7. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    #57 Neonzapper, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    You may actually have her car. That license plate L8 4AD8 has to help in some way. Can't you write to the head of the California Motor Vehicle Department or something. I would think they might help if they knew why you were interested.

Good luck with your search. Someone has to own it, so it might really be you.

8. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Call in the CSI guys, have 'em check for misc. blood spatter...DNA doesn't lie...

9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Lucky for you he's in jail. You're safe! If he were still free I'd say get rid of the thing before he comes for you! Ferraris are fast and all, but I wouldn't feel safe. The Juice was pretty fast in his time!

10. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    smog history:

SMOG DOG BERMUDA DUNES /
    BERMUDA DUNES FERRA MONDIAL 1987 10/27/2008 12:04 p.m. P VT969697C
    STOP N SMOG TEST ONLY /
    TEMECULA FERRA MONDIAL 1987 10/24/2007 03:12 p.m. F
    STOP N SMOG TEST ONLY /
    TEMECULA FERRA MONDIAL 1987 08/02/2007 02:12 p.m. F
    PACIFIC SMOG /
    SEASIDE FERRA MONDIAL 1987 06/21/2004 09:30 a.m. P FM037138C
    PACIFIC SMOG /
    SEASIDE FERRA MONDIAL 1987 06/11/2004 08:34 a.m. F
    ALL AUTOMOTIVE /
    SEASIDE FERRA MONDIAL 1987 09/24/2002 09:04 a.m. P ET090992C
    MORROWS AUTOMOTIVE /
    LOS GATOS FERRA MONDIAL 1987 04/17/1997 05:45 p.m. P CA988127C

that's the first record to that plate.

go to the CA bar site and input the full VIN for the entire history.

11. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    Ok ran the full VIN, it only goes back to 1997 same as the plate.

If you're wondering about how I got the full VIN it's deduced from the ferrari vin nomenclature.

12. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    #62 jongottschalk, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have looked for a picture of Nicole's car with no luck. My aunt called today and found this! It was a 3.2 and the car was willed to her parents in 1997. This was found on her sisters Myspace page. So it looks like I have her car!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Your top cover is tan. The one in that picture looks black - assuming it is even on. Maybe that's just the black top I see, no cover.

14. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Either way it would be a cool freaky piece of Ferrari history to own. I wish I had it.

15. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Yeah. Hard to see with the kids in the way and grainy photo. Someone said she had a custom pink boot cover. To me it looks like top down with no boot. Judging by the way the kids are hanging all over it I doubt she would bother to put the boot on. My boot is tan with black top.

16. Raleli

Raleli Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    I dont see the Scuderia Shields on the Nicole pic but you have the Shields on yours? correct

17. SBrooks

SBrooks Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2009
    Bend Oregon
    Full Name:
    Sam Brooks
    It's one good looking car no matter who's it was.

18. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That could have been added after to help sell the car.

Erik

19. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    There were shield on it but I added some fresh ones off eBay. The car was painted by the last owner around 2003? so the shields were atleast replaced then as well for when I removed them the paint matched under them. I actually had not noticed her shields. But I'm sure that they could have been added at any time. I want more input from the guy who said he was Ron Goldman's dollars and was in the car quite a bit. I'll see if he can chime in......

20. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk

The thought that she bought a t would makes sense but if she only got $500k and bought a townhouse and a $115,000 car she would probably be broke. More logically she kept her 87 3.2 in the photo. One might say that she had a 3.2 but then got a t before her death.

But if you look at the picture of Nicole in her car, her children are atleast 6-8 years old. Then if you look at the chldren on the cover of Magazines at the time of their mother's death it is very clear that the photo above was taken very shortly before her death.

21. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    #71 jongottschalk, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Her children were born in late 85 and 88, amking them around 6 and 9 around her death. Here is a time magazine photo one year after her death puting them around 7 and 10 on the LIFE magazine cover. Compare and judge for yourself but I feel this eliminates the possibility of her ever owning a "t":

22. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Actually they were 5 and 8 at the time of her death. Sorry.

23. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks

That's the kind of number crunching you might expect from someone that married OJ Simpson. Not saying her lack of good judgement should have gotten her killed. Just Sayin'.

24. DWPC

DWPC Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2011
    Sedona AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  25. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I just remembered that I am Facebook friends with someone who knew her. I saw him on TV talking about her years ago so I assume they were somewhat close. At least he spoke like he knew her well. I wonder if he would remember anything specific about that car.