Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jongottschalk, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I don't want to ask him unless you have a specific question of some sort. Otherwise I hate to bring it all up to him.

2. Barnone 308

Barnone 308 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    Sorry to bust everyones bubble, but if memory serves me correctly it was a red 308 that he owned or early 328, it was not a mondial or a 348. I recall this because I remember viewing the auction list and pictures.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Not OJ

We are referring to Nicole's car

4. Tarik

Tarik Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Tarik
    I don't think there's any question as to whether Nicole had a white Mondial, since there's a picture of her in it with her kids earlier in this thread. Anyway, I don't think that her car would have been in his estate sale at all.

5. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Yes, he had an early 308 with the license plate "JUICE" that he kept and let Nicole drive after he bought a Testarossa. Apparently, she had her own Mondial after that.

6. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    From my aunts research she said the car was willed to her parents after her death. Im assuming thats why the California tag was changed in I think around 1996,97, and replaced the infamy and vanity tag, "late for a date". This was according to her sisters statement. My theory is the Gentlemen, who was a former F-chat member, bought the car from the parents or a broker of sorts not knowing the history. I know he did a "driver restoration" to it as it had a paint job, new top, wheels redone, etc.

This would make perfect sense as seen in the pictures with kids climbing on the car as she used it as a "station wagon", as her sister phrased it. Another CNN article stated that friends said she treated it as though it were a Volkswagon.

What is fascinating is that this car was perhaps the most tangible reason that she was killed. OJ hated seeing her or Ron Goldman drive it around. He had slashed the tires in it once before and many feel that the night she was killed he was going to slash the tires again and wasnt expecting them to be home........

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Well, I guess since he already had a knife on him and all...

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Another Football player plate: I used to see Eric Dickerson all over Malibu in a white TR with the plate Shark29.

9. RichardAguinsky

RichardAguinsky Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2007
    Palo Alto, Californi
    Full Name:
    Richard Aguinsky
    #84 RichardAguinsky, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey!!! I bought my White Mondi from Beverly Hills!!!! Here is my car, going through its PPI in Ferrari of Beverly Hills back in 2008. The seller, shown in the picture, is Tom, the special effects person that did Pirates of the Caribbean, Bad Boyz, Spiderman, etc. My White Mondi used to ride with David Carradine's black Mondi. I wouldn't be surprised if Nicole's Mondi was ever around mine.

The interior of my car is red. So, it can't be her's.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    That's a nice looking qv........I only like them with the painted bumpers.

11. JPD123

JPD123 Rookie

Oct 5, 2012
    I knew Nichole and and went to Dana Hills High-school in Dana Point the car. She drove the car the a lot from PCH to interstate 5. She was a great person and a real knockout as was her model sister Denise. The infamous L84AD8 plate was real.

12. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    #87 jongottschalk, Feb 20, 2013
  13. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Good Lord - I had forgotten about that media-addicted idiot judge.

14. Tarik

Tarik Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2011
    Philly Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Tarik
    That's quite a picture! I guess there must be some pretty detailed "evidence" pictures of the Mondi somewhere...

15. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Im not sure a detailed set of pictures would help anything out. I already have a picture on her with her in it. It was 100% conclusive 3.2, white, tan and was what she had from 1987-1994.

Most the controversy was that she had a "t" but in fact did not. There were about 21 white 3,2 cabs and probably 7 1987. That means any given white Ferrari 3.2 cab has a 1 in 7 chance of being hers.

By deduction, my car was in fact bought in Hollywood as was her. It seems to almost 100% certainty that this was her car.

What I want at this point is the tangible hard evidence. I am considering selling it and figure it would be worth more with 101% conformation.

Right now I have emailed the service manager at Hollywood Ferrari but they assure me the records get cleared every 3 years. They are going to go through corporate to see if the can find any records related to the vin.

16. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    The VIN has to be somehwhere in the court records. Feedom of Info Act request maybe?

17. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Did you look for the wet spot ?

18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You sick bas...d

19. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    :D

20. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #95 Wade, Feb 21, 2013
  21. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #96 soucorp, Feb 21, 2013
    I remember there was a white euro 85 Cabrio that sold for a wopping $49,500 at a Barrett-Jackson auction.

1985 FERRARI MONDIAL Lot 321 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company

btw, it looks like this white cab already has Ron's A/C fix. ;)

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow..welcome, and thanks for joining into the discussion.

Thanks for the info!

23. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Saw that here, dated December 1997: Nicole Simpson's Children, Parents Settle Fight Over Estate - Los Angeles Times

24. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    There's a member on the F-Life forum by the name of "cprob". He seems to know someone that knows about the car after the Brown family? I think that's what he's trying to say. His post isn't real clear. You might try contacting him to see what he knows.

" Originally Posted by cprob
    Hi Carbon.. 73489 is confirmed as the Nicole Brown Simpson car ? I know the owner thought maybe it was but wasn't positive ... I have a very colorful CA individual linked to this car (after the brown family?).."

Also, the member there by the name "134282" and goes by "Carbon" seems to be fairly sure that Mondial #73489 is Nicole's old car. You might also try contacting him as well to see what he knows.

Not sure of the rules of posting links here to other forums. Jon......I will PM it to you.

I have to say I only recently found this thread and it's very interesting! I am looking forward to what you ultimately find out! Good luck.

25. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    That is awesome.....I hope he has "tangible" hardcopy stuff because by deduction I am 99% certain it was her car but need the "hard" evidence. Thanks for the info!