Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jongottschalk, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    #101 jongottschalk, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Well I just found out the Brown Ferrari was bought by an actor model named Gaylord Flynn. Apparently he used to have something to do with medical equipment and was a very colorful character......

Just went and pulled my copy of the title when it was purchase by me, and sure enough, 73489 sold by Gaylord Flynn....

I actually bought the car from a broker type so never spoke to Gaylord when purchased. I was able to get in touch with him later on about services that were done but he didn't mention that he had bought it from the Brown parents.

This was my proof positive when an indendant person told me that the brown Ferrari was bought Gaylord and I have Gaylord on my title.......

This car to me seems to be one of the most famous/infamous mondials ever, and I have it. The only one that would have more history imo would be the pope mondial but as everyone knows no one at the factory marked it.

Yes, other famous mondial owners, but this was part of (and believed to be the reason for) the trial of the century..... Oj even wrote in his book that the reason he went over to the house that night was to slash the tires on the mondial as he had done before. He would see the two, or even the boyfriend, driving it and he would enrage him as he had actually bought it and was even still paying the $7000 annual insurance on it. It actually would make me pretty mad too though........

2. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Glad you were able to piece together more of your car's story.. enjoy it in good health... Parker

3. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Great to hear the latest update! After almost 3 years.....I'm glad you were able to find that "hard evidence" that you have been looking for!

4. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    So, are you gonna get a vanity plate with 'Nicole' on it?

Originally, before you ID'd it, I thought maybe you'd get a plate titled 'NotNic' and see how many people would get the reference...

5. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    I actually was thinking of getting tag here in Mississippi with the original, but then I fealt that was too disrespectful.....

6. docmirror

docmirror Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Ft Worth TX
    SLASH - SLASHED - SLASHER - CUTUP - DECAP - DECAPPED - BLEDOUT that's all I got for now.

7. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    now that looks like a t from the front and rear of the car

8. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    pictures are showing a t in the judge photos

9. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #109 godabitibi, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No, this is a 3.2 not a T. Look at the rear exhaust grille. The T is straight under the bumper but this one has the grille inserted in the bumper.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Plus that debate was put to bed with the picture of it in Newsweek with her in it with her kids......

11. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    interesting thread. i just watched the show "Final 24" and was curious about the car and Google brought me here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cumHmw9xFdc]Nicole Brown Simpson - Final 24: Her Final Hours - YouTube[/ame]

are you afraid of any bad karma following the car?

12. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Not at all. I find it interesting and would like to honor her memory with it. I try to put myself, as difficult as it would be, in her families shoes. Would I want my daughter, or my sister's car that she loved destroyed and forgotten about, or for it to be taken care of and remember. I personnally would chose the later........

Plus OJ was the evil entity, not the car.

13. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Tried watching the youtube link but it wants me to buy the full length....anyway, looked it up on my dish tv listings and it comes back on Wed the 13 at 12:00 am so Im going to DVR it.....should be interesting and Im curious what they have to say.

14. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    the "Final 24" is a pretty good series. lots of interesting celebrities profiled. i think you'll like it. were you able to at least view the 2 minute preview?

here's another one to DVR -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnp3IuO83HY]Mysteries at the Museum: James Dean Curse | Season Premiere 4/17 at 9|8c - YouTube[/ame]

have you decided to keep or sell the car?

15. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
  16. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    which show? Final 24 or Mysteries at Museum?

17. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Not sure about selling or not at this point..........

Watched the entire last 24 and thought it was pretty watered down though...I guess it has to be to fit everything into 48 minutes. Also, some of the stuff I don't think was accurate but no one knows that except 3 people......

I did find another intereting piece on motive by ojs manager reaffirming the car was a main motive. Here it is

O.J. Simpson Murder Weapon Mystery Solved? | The Bald Truth | ArtHarris.com

18. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Well, if I was in her family's shoes, and this car was the main motive for my daughter's killing, I would want it destroyed and forgotten.

19. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Although the family did sell the car, they didn't have it crushed when they had the opportunity. Mostly they probably don't want to be reminded that the car exists. It's probably just a car to them and it's gone.

20. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    So I was going through all the manuals and receipts today just to go over service records.....I noticed records are totally complete after 1997, when the tag in Cali was re-issued. It is clear that anything prior to the sale of the car in 1997 is not readily available because someone didn't want to offer it up. Then my dad was going through and saw a yellow sticker on the manual that I have never really taken note of but saw. He said it said "planitff's exhibit"......

I am sure this sticker was part of the suit between the Simpson childern and the Brown parents that happened after the parents were awarded her estate and suit was filed on the children's behalf for the estate. This is why the car was not resold unitl 1997, 3 years after her murder. Anyway, here is the sticker and if any attorneys can tell me how to find more info on this please let me know.. THanks!

21. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    #121 jongottschalk, Apr 6, 2013
  22. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    well if you would've found that yellow sticker earlier it would have ended a lot of speculation about the provenance of the vehicle!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #123 MvT, Oct 7, 2013
    Sniper eyes ;)

Considering that this is a US car (No inserts for rear fog lights unlike its European sister for a T that has inserts) I would think this would be a 3.2 as well. Unless the rear fog lights are an option :)

Euro T below:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey, I wanted to bump this thread.

I just finished two books about the murder of Nicole, but they both ended the same way.
    Do you want them???

In one it mentions she had dented the car, and was worried O.J. would "beat her up again"..

You could check that out......
    Let me know....

They were cute little kids, sad end for them.

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Read these books.....he finally lost it when he realized she was leaving, for good.

Whatever he used, it was very sharp.