Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Nicole Simpson's Ferrari? Did I buy it?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jongottschalk, Apr 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Pretty amazing the legs this thread has going back to April of 2010.
    Yes, the ending is a very sad situation as was what she had to put up with along the way.
    Greg

2. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    I do have 2 dents that are noteworthy. There is one on the right rear by the taillight. It has been repaired poorly but this would be something that sounds like it would possibly be something that would upset a husband. The other is a dent on the front headlight cover, but this looks to be very superficial and take about 5 mins for someone to fix with the proper skills. I will post a picture of it soon. Im curious on those books; do they mention anything about how the damage was done?

3. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    `JUICES' FERRARI TOPS $100,000 AT CAR AUCTION

February 25, 1996 | Associated Press

O.J. Simpson sold his red 1985 Ferrari Testarossa Saturday for $108,000. The "Juices" license plates were included.

Steve Davis said he bought the car on behalf of Valley Oak Auto and Martella Auction Co., and plans to re-sell it in July. He has already had offers, he said.

"Obviously, the inherent value is only magnified because it was O.J. Simpson's car," he said. "Whether you're pro or con O.J. Simpson, that's not my decision. That decision was made by a jury."

Asked if he believed he would make a profit on the car, Davis said: "We've already determined that, or we wouldn't have bought it before we left." He didn't elaborate on how much he expected to make.

Davis said he spoke to Simpson briefly after he bought the car.

"It was very friendly and very open. He said he hated to sell the car, but he was glad I bought it, and I concurred with that and said I was glad to buy it."

Keith McCormick, co-owner of Palm Springs Exotic Car Auctions, said Simpson was "delighted" with the selling price. McCormick had told Simpson the car would fetch between $70,000 and $100,000.

4. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Were there '85 Mondials with the QV body and the 3.2 l engine? I thought all 3.2's had the matching color bumpers.

5. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    yep = misquote
    it's just a plain jane 3.0 QV

6. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    It was 20 years ago today...

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    RIP Nicole.....

Forever young......

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's interesting...there's your confirmation.

9. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Judge Iito knows your car. LMAO. There's another white up for sale now.

Ferrari Mondial | eBay

On a sadder note, every time I see videos of people cheering for that verdict, it still disgusts me, to this day. I remember that verdict like it was yesterday. I was in my typing class, and could hear screaming and cheering in the hallway seconds afterward, pathetic. Good ol Johnnie got the whole country stirred up on that one. That case was never about race, but by the time it wrapped, so many brainless idiots forgot that it was a MURDER TRIAL. Hello?? I was only 11 at the time, and even I knew he was guilty. To see grown people cheering was an absolute low point in the history of this country IMO.

10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Too often these days there is more sympathy for the murderer than the murdered in this country these days. It is especially true when one party is black and the other white. People lose their minds and everything becomes tribal.

11. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

12. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Just adding this as it is just one more piece....thinking of selling the car in the near future.

OJ Simpson's Failed Attempt At Driving a Ferrari Daytona - Classic Auto Funds Limited

It’s well documented that OJ (Orenthal James Simpson) was a Ferrari guy. In the mid-80s he was often seen driving around in his red 1985 Ferrari Testarossa—the flamboyant, chauvinistic 80s staple of excess—with his wife (which as we all know, soon to be ex-wife) driving a white Ferrari 3.2 Mondial Cabriolet with the kids in it. Rumor has it that one of the things that really pissed off OJ after his divorce from Nicole Brown was seeing the Mondial being thrashed by Nicole’s new boyfriend. We all know now what happens when OJ gets upset.

13. GordonX

GordonX Karting

Mar 10, 2013
    South Florida
    any updates on the car? still have it? for sale? any bad karma?

14. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    THE CAR HAS ACTUALLY BEEN QUITE GOOD AND IS VERY WELL SORTED. I ACTUALLY WILL BE LISTING IT ON EBAY (WILL AD LINK WHEN IT GOES ON THERE) LATER TODAY AS I FEEL LIKE WITH THE SUCCESS OF THE OJ MINI SERIES IT IS A GOOD TIME TO SELL. I DON'T HAVE THE BEST EXTERIOR PICS YET AS IT IS GETTING THE BELT SERVICE DONE SO NEW OWNER KNOWS THEY ARE FRESH......

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    no ghosts?

j/k

What do you plan on getting next?

GLWS!

CHeers

16. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    So I listed the car last night and seems to be of to a good start....here is listing -

Ferrari Mondial 3 2 Cab | eBay

Ad far as new car after she sells, not sure. I really love it and may venture someday but not sure. I love Italian and British but currently on my 3rd XK8 convertible so that will fit the bill for a while.....

17. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Jon. First congratulations I getting it all together. It was a bunch of years ago that I took you for a spin in mine. Now you can do it for others. Wishing you success in whatever your goals may be.

18. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    No mention of the connection?

19. jongottschalk

jongottschalk Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Pass Christian, MS
    Full Name:
    Jon Gottschalk
    Which connection? How is yours going? Didn't you have to pull it apart...

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I remember the circus, at the time I was a legal temp in the courtroom, saw them all the time in person

21. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    #147 RaginBull, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Interesting

22. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006