Nikita Mazepin thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Nikita Mazepin thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I mean during the race.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I, personally, am willing to give him 6 nanometres of credit, maybe 7 in a pinch.

3. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Mazepin the GOAT.

DF1 likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    he's certainly bounced back from Spain where he was massively outpaced. Jury is still out on him but he's not as bad has his detractors hoped he would be.

jpalmito and Senna1994 like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He doesn’t like position 85 on his steering wheel though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ingegnere and Bas like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He won two races in Formula 2.
    He is a lot better than Esteban Tuero or taki Inoue for instance.
    The fact that he is the son of a Russian billionaire undoubtedly attracts this animosity.
    To be a son of a western billionaire would probably have been less serious :D.

kes7u and Bas like this.
  7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I think that the current state of F1 makes it almost impossible for the kind of second rate driver that could be in F1 back in the early 90's. As with everything else in F1 the margin of what is top and what is useless is infinitely smaller than it has ever been. Even the worst F1 driver on the grid is still a world class racer and would win likely in a Mercedes something that would have been an impossibility a few generations ago.

It is interesting how public perception and an initial reputation will haunt you. Latifi is the son of a billionaire, has had a pretty unimpressive junior career, spins often, and is regularly outpaced by his teammate yet seems to fly totally under the radar. Mazepin on the other hand can do no right and there is a lineup of people just waiting to slag him off. If ever there was an example of the unfair double standard that just tends to happen then this is it. Not a complaint just an interesting observation into human nature.

Schultz and kes7u like this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It has to be said that Latifi never attracted attention to himself like Mazepin did.

9. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Neither Latifi or Mazepin are world class drivers. What was it again that Niki said? Something like: "take a monkey, place him into the cockpit and he is able to drive the car."

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They both obtained a Superlicence and that's not so easy to get; it's the highesr step in drivers qualifications.

I blame the rookies' mistakes on their lack of training in F1.

They find the gap from F2 to F1 bigger than expected..

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Mazepin so called 'reputation' is one that is known well before his arrival. His negative press is on display as he is quite apparent in manner. He has done this to himself and easily. Zero sympathy to him. His Jr Formula issues are very well known and captured on video etc etc. He set the impression with his public actions. Quite easy to see the difference between Latifi and Mazepin. Rather easy. There is no perception problem at all. He has so much to improve on and its totally his problem and I have zero sympathy for him. He feels rules do not apply to him. What negative outcome will ruin his world? None. He loses his seat, family will provide another and comfort him. Thats my 'observation'.

Mick is the opposite. Polished, professional and that is worthy of respect. I give zero so far to Mazepin. No need for him on the grid, no loss when he leaves. Zero.

simpen, Agent Smith and surfwolf like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

I only hope he gets a good car under him soon,.

DF1 likes this.
  13. DF1

Agree'd. I know it is possible for Mazepin to change as he is young. He has a long road to work on. Mick is light years ahead of him in marketability and image. That matters in the Corporate F1 world.

william likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Different characters ! Mick Schmacher seems willing to learn the ropes, both on the track and off it.

In terms of image, it's chalk and cheese! I have never heard a bad word said about him.

15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    “Are you having a ****ing laugh?” LOL

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mazepin making a risky move with Schumacher doing over 200mph down the long straight. Baku 2021. Schumacher's onboard.

Isobel likes this.
  17. DF1

Mazepin a no factor in F1 currently. Haas. Poor, sad and useless in F1. Please leave.

Ferrari MOVE MICK TO ALFA and dump Kimi!

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That would be the best solution for Mick.

As for Mazepin, something is bound to happen before the end of the year.

Isobel likes this.
  19. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Totally terrifying. A lost cause.

william and DF1 like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Haas duo ‘clear the air’ after chequered flag spat

https://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-drivers-azerbaijan-gp-spat/

Guenther Steiner says Haas drivers Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin have “cleared the air” after clashing at the end of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Mazepin would only say afterwards about the incident that he had run out of battery, so was a bit of a sitting passenger and that he was “a little bit upset about losing my position to my team-mate”.

So there you are !!!

Isobel and Agent Smith like this.
  21. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    https://the-race.com/formula-1/haas-cleared-the-air-after-mazepin-move-enraged-schumacher/

Mazespin’s own words on this incident:

“Mazepin did not acknowledge the incident over the radio, only lamenting “that one hurts” in reference to being pipped by Schumacher at the line.

He told F1: “The main thing is I’m just a little bit upset about losing my position to the team-mate on the main straight, running out of battery.

“I was a bit of a passenger. It is what it is.””

so he’s upset by losing position to his teammate so his reaction is to swing his car at him like a road rager while going 200mph? Dude has got to go.

Isobel and william like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Holy ****...that was shocking. You don't do that, especially to your rookie teammate. That could've been a very big one.

Isobel and surfwolf like this.
  23. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Mazepin is nothing more than a rich spoiled kindergartner! He sucks and needs to be removed immediately before his lack of grey matter kills someone.....
    When does his father realize his son is a turd in the punchbowl?

24. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Mazepin has been doing this kind of stuff all through his racing career, so no surprises there really. You can probably find a 10 minute compilation on Youtube of every time he swerved to push a competitor into the wall or of the track.

25. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Maybe this? https://www.planetf1.com/news/nikita-mazepin-military-service/

william likes this.