NJ Speeding Crackdown | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NJ Speeding Crackdown

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 993 guy, Jun 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I give up, if they want to be dicks they will be. Its not like the other 11 months a year they are fighting crime instead. State troopers give tickets plain and simple. If you dont want one, dont speed :)

2. DC5Rich

DC5Rich Rookie

May 30, 2006
    No Funswick, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yea...this is a fake guys....the paranoid people that I work with....spread this email everytime it comes around, which is usually every 2 months. I drive 287 everyday from exit 10 down to the GSP and then the GSP down to exit 109 everyday...I have no significant upturn in tropped presence what so ever.

Rich

3. jpd2

jpd2 Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Does that mean we were discriminated against because of our sexy cars? LOL

4. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
  5. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    In NJ, like NY, you are supposed to have "hands free" cell phone to talk in the car. In NY, it's a primary offense, meaning they can pull you over for talking on a cell phone without hands free. In NJ, they have to stop you for something else, like speeding, in order to write the ticket for talking on a non-hands free cell phone. There was a bill in the NJ legislature to amend that to make it a primary offense, like NY, but haven't heard if it passed yet.

6. zitro

zitro Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ortiz
    I'm pretty sure it's a primary offense in nj.

7. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    in nj i thought you have to be pulled over for something else as well. can anyone verify this?

8. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    I would say at least 1/3 of the driver I see in my local Bergen county town are driving with a handheld phone in use while in motion, including local police officers. Personally I am happy to see them raise the fine for this offense, now I'd like to see some tickets get written and publicized for it.

9. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I wouldn't like to see the fine go up. Some people are capable of driving while talking on a cell phone.

Instead of writing tickets to everyone using a telephone while driving, people should take responsibility for their actions when they are involved in a cell phone related wreck.

just my opinion.

10. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    See the front page of today's Bergen Record.

The email string is a fake and while that may be the case...I'm still watchin' my back out there.

11. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey

12. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    thank you lupe!

i am surprised; i was sitting at a stoplight, using my cell phone, a town over (bergenfield) and an officer pulled beside me proceeded to "chirp" his siren and yell at me to turn my cell phone off.

[shrug]

13. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I think the cell phone law should be primary. I do use it on occasion for a moment or two when driving in speaker mode and I believe it does make you a more dangerous driver.

Talking on a phone and driving shouldnt mix. You arent as alert. People either drive too slow or just plain erratic, like the world suddenly revolves around them.

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Well, I'd rather people use common sense instead of having a law but......

It just doesn't seem that common sense runs too deep here in the East coast.
    So if folks insist on using cell phones when it impedes their driving, then I'm all for a primary offense and it'll help being noted on the accident report and it'll help keep our taxes down. Sad, but so it is.