NNOs perfect Porsche | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NNOs perfect Porsche

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by BlueBiturbo, Jan 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #26 134282, Jan 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    I know, isn't that something! It's the holy grail for 928 enthusiasts looking for an early car (1978 was the first year for the 928). This fabric is so rare and no longer available from Porsche most people will never see it in this condition. There is a story about Porsche givingselling cheap the leftover fabric to a restaurant near the Stuttgart plant who subsequently recovered their dining chairs with it. The story was verified when a recent 928 event was held at the plant and some 928er's ate at the restaurant. If this car would have been black, red or white with black or tan interior...., I probably would have passed on it in spite of having only 1,400 original miles. But, because it was lime green and had this almost hideous interior I had to have it. It is so "Austin Powers" 70's style, I think its the coolest.

3. chuck z

chuck z Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Thanks a lot. This car is a resue. It was somewhat unloved by its PO but I am slowly bringing it back. The wheels need to be refinished as they were used as curb feelers and poorly touched up. It had a HUGE stereo in it (all the good components gone!) so I am replacing it with something closer to a stock appearance. It will stand tall again soon. In spite of the lack of attention to some of the cosmetic stuff, mechanically it is well documented and maintained properly its entire life. I knew the original owner who owned it until 48k miles (it now has 54k) who maintained it with an open check book.

I gather from some of the prior posts you like black. FYI, I am going to get the windows tinted this spring.....

Did you have a Ferrari at the event? My wife is Italian and says that since we have been all around Germany (i.e. BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Porsche) the next toy should be a Ferrari. Being 5'-17" tall I realize my choices are limited. Sure do like the 360/430 though....

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    YES...!!! YES, YES, YES...!!!

How about the lenses...? Are you gonna smoke the lenses...?!? That would be the ULTIMATE...!

No, I didn't have a Ferrari at the Zentrum; I don't own one... But, yes, you should DEFINITELY get a Ferrari next...! I do free, private consulting :)D) if you want to know just how much black you can add to a Ferrari... Imagine a black 360 Spider (manual transmission, not F1) with a black interior; Daytona seats, all black (stitching, piping, inserts); black carpets, black everything... Call up Ricambi America and get an aftermarket carbon fiber instrument cluster, center console and other interior accessories... Carbon fiber door panels and moldings... Then have the shifter and the shifter gate painted in all black; shifter knob and everything, the whole bit... Get a black light for the gauges... Then go outside the car and put some all black Challenge Stradale wheels on the car... Black calipers, tinted windows and then black-out tint the glass engine cover...! Smoke all the lenses - rear lenses, side marker lights, the front lights, EVERYthing... Then call Tubi and tell them you want an exhaust for a 360 Spider - but it has to be black...! Go get your key painted black and I think you'd be set... :)

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Back in college I've had 5 friends driving 928S4, 2 GT, lots of C2/C4 and one 944 Turbo. I find it funny that the only person saying a bad thing about 928s is the 944T owner, while the C2/C4 owners admire its torque and handling. later on, my roommate bought a C2. Although it is fast but driving it feels slow (due to lack or torque?), while driving my friend's GT uphill on canyon road always give me a big grin.

In 1990 I almost bought an automatic S4 (couldn't bear the GT clutch in LA traffic), still regret that I didn't.

6. chondroTim

chondroTim Rookie

Sep 17, 2004
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Chuck, beautiful 928s. I think the 1995 5 speed gts is the most attainable of my dream Porsches. One of the days, I'm going to get one. Beautious.