No-Drill front license plate mount for FF/GTC4 Lusso/& F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No-Drill front license plate mount for FF/GTC4 Lusso/& F12

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Carbonio, Aug 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    how much is it?

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I bought them for that very reason- this way I have it and you never know, what if you want these in the future and they are then sold out....

3. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    OK, I got this for my F12b, and I was just stunned with how easy it is to install. So easy to put on and yet it feels solid and substantial. Now my only problem is that a year after the fact, I cannot find my front license plate now that I finally have someplace to mount it. Oh well, all in good time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Brian as listed on our website the bracket is $229. When was the last time a part for your car was that cheap ;)

5. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you all for the positive feedback and orders. For owners of other Ferrari's we have good news in that we have released mounting options for almost every Ferrari made from 1948-present.

Here is the link:

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

6. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Got mine for the 612, works perfectly...

7. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    Fix it ticket or $229? ......Fix it ticket please.

8. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    The issue is not the ticket, it is loosing 10-15 minutes waiting for the ticket to be written... If you often have to go through booth it is well worth it...

9. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Hi Rob,
    Have ordered one today my TDF. Thank you.

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I can confirm the F12B version of this plate holder for egg crate grills works perfectly. 10 seconds or less to put on in front of a cop if necessary.

11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the feedback. A customer contacted us today to let us know that his plate mount got him off of a ticket in NYC in his FF. He told the cop that when he parks the car he takes it off because people can't believe that a Ferrari would be driven in the winter and they post pics of his car online. For this reason he takes it off to maintain his privacy and he merely forgot to put it back on when getting in the car. The police officer understood his desire for privacy and was ok with him fitting the plate in a few seconds at the side of the road. Score one for the good guys :)

12. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    ^^^Great story !

13. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Wow, it's hard to believe a cop would back off a ticket in that city. Back then when I was living in NJ, I received a ticket in the mail for double-parking in NYC, along with late fee. It turned out I was going slowly in search of a parking space and the cop simply took down my plate and sent me the ticket.

14. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    I bought one for my TDF; however, it disappointed me as it not quite suitable to TDF after trying to hook it up and take it down for several times. Therefore, I threw it in the garage can.

15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks everybody for the orders and kind words: "I took the TDF in the end covering 2500 miles in 5 days- I can tell you that your product is fantastic holding on at over 180 mph and also not distorting the mesh of the grill" I can't say who sent this in ;) but the endorsement does not get much better than this and we're happy to see the clever little mechanism solving problems world wide.

More information at:
    http://www.carboniodirect.com/Ferrari_Front_License_Plate_Mount_Wire_Mesh_p/lpm-fer-wiremesh.htm

16. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    812 Super Fast?

17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We have not had the chance to try a plate bracket on the 812 Super Fast just yet but from inspection of photos of the car we see no reason why the same bracket that we supply for the TDF would not be suitable. The TDF design is a quite modular mount that grabs onto the mesh of the front grille. It is adaptable to different hole spacings as well as grill curvatures. We would have no problems suggesting the TDF mount for the 812 and would (of course) take back any purchase not deemed satisfactory by the customer.

18. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    jumpinjohn likes this.
  19. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Just ordered one for my F12. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

20. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for your order. I'm sure you will be very pleased with it and congratulations on the F12; it is a wonderful car.

21. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Any feedback from anybody who got it fitted to a Lusso?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat