No Ferraris at LA Auto Show | FerrariChat

No Ferraris at LA Auto Show

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by randkin, Oct 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    So what is the deal I don't go to every LA auto show but I have been to several in the last few years and no representation by Ferrari for some time or I have missed the ones where they make an appearance. There are usually some Ferraris down stairs in some custom displays but nothing by the factory or local dealers. Anyone know why Ferrari has decided not to show up to this venue?

The new show starts soon and I again expect to be disappointed if I attend. Porsche always shows up big time and actually sends email invites to P car owners for special viewings & hospitality room. Is Ferrari afraid to be out done by Porsche, do they just not care about the So Cal auto market or do they think they don’t need the exposure? Seems pretty arrogant in any event, just saying. :(

2. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami

Don't take it personally.....I believe they are a no show at the New York Auto Show too.

3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Take it personally?

Auto shows are dying a slow death IMO. With things being leaked/ unveiled on the internet many big manufacturers are skipping shows. The costs far outweigh the benefits.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Why should Ferrari attend a car show? What's in it for them?

5. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Brand promotion.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brand promotion is one thing Ferrari is really, really, good at.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    At the Philly auto show Ferrari NA has never shown up. Algar usually has an area though. However they are always cordoned off in a special area so you can't up close to them. Always seems like a mistake to me. There is so much talk of young folks not caring about Ferrari's, well at the auto show there are a ton of younger folks and they are all over the Porsches, Vettes, and other sports cars. Cars where they could get up close to and in most cases sit in.

I realize that there is the cost associated with a thousand people touching the car, but how can Ferrari expect people to fall in love with cars they never get a chance to see up close?

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    To me annual auto shows by the manufacturers have always been a big deal. Looking at all the new models seeing the new options etc. It was at an auto show a very long time ago when I saw my first Ferrari, a pontoon TR, I thought it was the most beautiful car I had ever seen but at 8-10 I was pretty impressionable. But that show told me I wanted a Ferrari if I could ever afford one. So long term they got a customer from having attended an auto show. What happens when our generation goes away and the kids now just want some self-driving econo box with all the high tech stuff and a car is just a means of getting from A to B.

I get it that the cost to go to every auto show is a lot but I would think the LA market would be worth the cost. LA loves its cars and certainly has both the population and weather to support sports cars. IMO:rolleyes:

brianweekes likes this.
  9. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I did. Then I got up close. Loved it even more.

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Final nails are being put in the auto shows. The exotics havent participated in many years. The ROI is not worth it.

11. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    People with the money to buy a Ferrari can see them up close.

12. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Ferrari doesn't need to advertise or promote. Demand exceeds supply.

13. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Youngsters still find Ferrari through online and gaming. But the shows are much more inspiring.

14. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For the most part a Ferrari is something you think/ dream about and go buy, regardless if you see one at an auto show.....